Ferrari qualifies 1 and 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari qualifies 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Matt LaMotte, Mar 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Original Title: Ferrari qualifies 1 and 2

I think this is going to be a great season! Ferrari looked very good out there as expected. All of the top teams except Mclaren performed well. I bet David Coultard is having a rough day though with that qualifying lap.

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    yes but don't forget this is going to be the year Coulthard really pushes for the title, he said so in his pre season press conference (just like he has every year since he joined Mclaren)

3. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    We still don't know fuel load...

4. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    It's a great start and with a 1-2 tomorrow, Ferrari serves notice. It's a long season though.

5. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess

I will have to agree with this one. Either Ferrari is running very light and will pit within the first 10 laps for fuel, Or the F2004 is the greatest race car ever designed.

The Qualifying times were the 2 fastest laps turned durring the weekend. Perhaps it was Ferrari that was sandbagging all this time ;)

Rob

6. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Dave,

Welcome back. i have not seen you online since the FChat dinner last year at Indy.

Rob

7. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Can't wait for the race tonight. I'm going to a F chat party in Nashville to view with friends. It would be great to start the season with a strong finish.

8. Big Ed

Big Ed Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    I'd opt for the latter. Friday's practice rounds were the telltale sign. Ferrari ran strong all day. I think all teams will opt for a two-stop strategy.

I'm so excited the season's finally here!!!

9. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    BigEd,

Welcome to FerrariChat.

I honestly think that Ferrari pulled the wool over everyones eyes on this one. The F2002 was a great car. The F2003-GA was good but not great. i think they took the strong points of both cars and used the hard earned lessons of the 2003 season to develop a killer car for 2004.

Rob

10. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Rob,
    What do you think of the BAR?
    Button 4th place (same laptime as Montoya) , Sato (7th)

Do you think they're going to be better than Renault this year ..or BAR are just running low on fuel for this race?