Help! 355 Air Bag & Fuel lights come on. | FerrariChat

Help! 355 Air Bag & Fuel lights come on.

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 04-E55, Mar 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 04-E55

04-E55 Rookie

Jan 20, 2004
    When driving my 355 at night with the headlights on the fuel and the airbag lights come on, as soon as I turn the lights off everything seems to work fine. I'm thinking it could be the alternator but not sure. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance.

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    maybe my luck is good today as i replied to the other 355 thread , and it all seemed to work out. before you goto a dealer, if you are somewhat mechanically inclined, put a muti meter on your battery with the car off and get a reading. it should read 12.5 v or better with the car cold. if its less or WAY less then you were driving off the battery power , meaning your alternator/voltage regulator / diodes are bad. if you car was running on the battery, and say you goto start it up today and it has juice and runs, then i would reccommend doing the disconnect battery and wait 10 minutes like in the other thread.( to reset the ECU) start the car and check the battery voltage again, should be " around" 14.0 v +/- say .7 i am not a ferrari owner , this is coming from my general mechanic abilities for what its worth. if your warning lights are out and you drive the car ( daytime) with the lights on and they dont come back, goody goody!!! you should still get a dealer / whomever to pull the codes stored in the ECU in case there is a serious problem. airbag warning lights are not to be ignored !!!!!! if ( big if) the alternator is bad or has doiodes going bad, perhaps the ECU was fooled into showing those lights. for your safety and your cars i would be sure you get this resolved before jumping in for a fun weekend drive!!! if you need multimeter help pm and i will help you with it. i hate to see an unaswered " help me!" thread, so i hope i pointed you in a good direction. best wishes!!! michael " not a owner yet " car-reaper!!!!