major screw up | FerrariChat

major screw up

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by a8guy, Mar 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. a8guy

a8guy Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    i accidentally dropped a cashiers check and its carbon in a postal box today.
    I had the check in an envelope and had it mixed in with some letters

Not sure when last pickup on saturday was at this particular PoastNet- but if it was picked up - what can I do- can you cancel a money order- the cash has already been debitted from my account

any help would be greatly appreciated

2. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    It will probably just go in the Dead Letter bin on Monday AM. You should be able to get it back without any trouble.

3. a8guy

a8guy Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    hmm- thanks peter- it was in a very small town so i can't imagine they get all that much mail

plus it was already addressed to my apartment complex- so no one could use it anyways

4. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    What just kills me is that you can NEVER get the phone number to an individual post office. The 800 # is all you can get unless you beg to the postmaster (with a good reason) at the local post office. Which is worse...DVM or the Post Office?

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I thought that you can cancel a cashiers check if it is lost or stolen. The place that issued it should have a record of it. I hope this helps with your situation.

6. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003

The postmaster at my post office is really nice, gives out the number to most of the regulars in case we need anything.

I think the DMV is much worse. The last time I was there my number was called so I walk up and sit in front of the woman that called me. The the phone rings so she answers it and proceeds to talk about something in spanish to the person on the other end.

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    First time i needed our local post office's phone number, i just looked it up; got the loca number that someone there answers, not some automated, 800 number... Unfortunately, i lost that number and i had to look it up, again; that's when i got the 800 number, but was eventually able to get the local number again... There should be an option, once into the 800 number's system, to speak with a live person; that person probably isn't in the post office you're trying to reach, but they should just give up that local number that you need...

DMV is, by far, the worst...