Hello All, New to Board... | FerrariChat

Hello All, New to Board...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 4RE RaCer, Mar 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4RE RaCer

4RE RaCer Rookie

Mar 6, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    KT
    This seems like the palace to just hang out and talk Ferrari all day long I love it...I currently do not own a Ferrari...I have been a long time Porsche owner...My newest car is a 996 Twin turbo...No flames Guys... I love to mod all my cars and track them all... I have many friends that have owned and own F cars...
    My current lust car has to be a 360C.S. I have yet to see on the track but I can imagine...There are some 360 challenge race cars that are looking pretty reasonable...Don't know when I will pull the trigger, but I want to make the right decision..Wife will give me too much brain damage.
    Thanks for reading my post....
    4RE RaCer

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Welcome aboard Kelvin. No worries about the P-car ownership...nobody's perfect. :D Just kidding -- I, myself, had a 996 some time ago, and think they are great cars. Happy browsing -- I think you'll really enjoy your time on this phenomenal board.

3. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I second Vic on the embrace. Welcome on board, Kevin.

F-chat is a tremendous community with vast F-technical and market resources (and good folks). I owned a Twin Turbo myself so it's all good here. About the wife vs. car predicament...that's a delicate balance to strike....I hope you make better choices than me...lol. Good luck, Kev.

Tom,

4. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Welcome! I am in Sonora, south of you. This is a fun board!

5. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Welcome. There is alot here for you to enjoy and get involved in. You do appreciate that the challenge cars are not street legal, right?

6. 92_348ts

92_348ts Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2002
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Welcome aboard.

7. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Hey 2RE... Welcome...I am in the same boat you are in right now! I own a 996tt with a EVO stage IV, about 600 HP with 600 lbs. I ordered 360 CS which I am expecting in about 30-40 days. I am always at the track with my cars and I will let you know how the two cars compare on the track ;) I hope the 360 makes up for its lack of HP with its handeling ;):)

8. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Don't worry, some of us own both. Pisses off the purists in both camps. :)

That said, a 360 Challenge is not street legal and will be cheaper to aquire than a CS (not to mention continue to drop in price). A CS is still a road car. They are different tools, pick the right one for what you want to do.

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Kelvin, welcome aboard...

10. 4RE RaCer

4RE RaCer Rookie

Mar 6, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    KT
    Wow,
    what a great welcome...Thanks guys...Spiderman, I will be looking for your input on the driving differences on and off the track...Judge4re, Do you also have a 360 and a TT? Have you seen the track in China for the F-1 race? Once again ,thanks for the welcome....4RE RaCer

11. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    No, I have a 365 GT4 and a 964 Carrera 4. I like the older cars (more fun to drive and you don't need a laptop to tinker with them). I worked on the Challenge cars with Ferrari of Houston during the 2001 season. Neat cars, but in the words of one of the ex-F1 mechanics, still a ****-box road car.

I've been by the track, but not on it yet. They are looking for volunteers for corner workers, but I think I'd rather spend this race in a luxury box. We'll see.

Cheers.

12. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    Welcome to the board..

13. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003