FCA Prancing Horse #150!!! | FerrariChat

FCA Prancing Horse #150!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by BigTex, Mar 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    NNO was asking about a list of Ferrari names from the early days.

Prancing Horse this month features articles from all editors over the years, and the section written by Dick Merritt gives an excellent feel for what it was like!

He passed on FIVE deals for 250GTOs at $5K -$6K, finally bought one for $8K, but buyer's remorse led him to sell it for the same $8K. Later changed hands for $14M.

Anyway, worth checking out.

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    AND there's an article from an Owner that bought an Enzo FOR MSRP!!!!!

He's already used up the first set of brakes.. $24K...WHAT A GUY!!!

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Alan, yeah, i saw that article... Bob Rapp, i think, was the guy... Cool article...

i also read EVERYONE'S articles about the existence of Prancing Horse Magazine; i believe Dick Merritt stated that his friend who bought the GTO from him the day after he bought it DECLINED an offer for $14,000,000 (not that it really matters)... In any case, it's a great issue, as they usually are... In the section where they review the regional events that have happened recently, you'll see a picture of a dark red 3x8, from one of the Penn-NJ events; in the background, there's a picture of an Azzurro blue 328 GTS; that car belongs to none other than one of our own - Augustine Staino...! That was the Morristown event; the last FCA event for our region, for 2003...

Also, towards the end of the magazine, if you read the Rally/Challenge article, you'll see a picture of a red NNO with a police officer bent over, looking inside the open driver's door, into the cockpit... That NNO is the same NNO that was on the cover of C&D (or maybe it was R&T, i'm not sure but i have the issue at home) - that's the MM NNO...! That car has MANY miles on it... Very cool stuff...

4. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    somebody say my name?