ferrari 308 gt4 | FerrariChat

ferrari 308 gt4

Discussion in '308/328' started by abavai, Nov 15, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abavai

abavai Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Hi, I would like to read opinions of owners of this car. Today I have seen one red/black in good condition, year 1976 with spanish plate for sale at 28000 euros.
    What do you think of this car? Pictures please!!!!!!!!!

2. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Abavi,

I don't have much time now to post, but will post more details/photos later or on Mon.

But basically, I love the 308 GT4. It is a great drivers car. And though the looks are controversial, I love the look as well.

If you search the old ferrarichat archives, you can find loads of info/photos on the 308 Gt4.

Regards,
    Dom

3. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
  4. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
  5. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
  6. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
  7. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    This one is fully original, always nice

8. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Just like Dom, I [size=+2]LOVE[/size] my GT4!!! Its the perfect blend of classic (Weber carbs, true hand-made construction, chrome window frames, etc) and modern cars, easy to drive, easy to maintain, practical, comfortable, etc.

The styling has aged well, normal people on the street still confuse my car for being newer than it actually is.

28000 Euros is quite a bit for a GT4 really. Is it in very good shape with all of the maintenance issues up-to-date?

9. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Cavallino - what a SWEET looking GT4 :)

10. Ontogenetik

Ontogenetik Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    >original

the 16" wheels aren't original

11. davidgt4

davidgt4 Karting

May 28, 2003
    Surrey
    Full Name:
    David W.
    Delighted with mine!
    Of course it's one of the most "affordable" ways into Ferrari ownership, but none the worse for that. You get the charm of carbs and great handling once it's set up well.

Where are you? 28k euro sounds expensive even for a really good one. My only (well, the only one I've discovered so far!) purchasing mistake was underestimating the degree of boot floor and firewall rust. But at least I bought it cheap enough to justify getting the engine out and having the repairs done.....

12. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    28K Eu sounds like the top price for a nearly perfect car but I'm not sure you could buy more fun for much less. I love mine. It's a completely different beast from my 328, like two sides of the same gold coin.