She's Coming!! | FerrariChat

She's Coming!!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ghost, Feb 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Delighted to announce that I am the new owner of a pristine 1995 Red/Tan 355B. It's been a long couple of weeks sorting through the logistics of owning a Ferrari in New York City, but I realize that I love this car too much to pass up this opportunity. I'm delighted with the car, because it's one of the best (IMHO) 355's I've seen in a while: it's had all servicing done on time (no issues with compression / leakdown), the interior in excellent condition, there is no pulling of leather at all, and best of all, it's only got 13,500 miles on it.

The hardest part now: waiting for it to arrive, since it'll take about two weeks to get here. It's only been a couple of days, and already I'm getting withdrawal symptoms. Looking forward to those spring drives.

Many thanks to Black355 and others for all their assistance and input during the process leading up to the purchase. I only ask that you continue to bear with me: I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions. Like for example, this one.

Pictures as soon as I get it (you can see a small one in my avatar).

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D (can't wipe the smile off of my face).

Regards.

2. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    congrats, lets get ready for a spring drive

3. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Congrats, just in time for spring ROE

4. Modena 360

Modena 360 Rookie

Feb 12, 2004
    Central Pa
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Congrats on the new car. Hopefully we will get some nice weather soon so we can enjoy take our new cars out for a drive.
    Tom

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Many thanks to all who posted. I'm very excited, and look forward to meeting many of you during the upcoming spring/summer drives. Hopefully, we'll all be able to catch up on the March 20th drive to Wilmington, referenced here. Please sign up, so we get a strong contingent!

Regards.

6. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Finally.

Rijk

7. technik1

technik1 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Gus Technik
    Congradulations, Vic,

F355B, one the greats! You may never give it up.

Regards, Gus
    Technik 1

8. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Thanks Gus. I'm bringing it over to you for a good wash as soon as I get it.

9. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory

I know that feeling

10. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    So, in the meantime, if you haven't already, try to collect all books and publications concerning your car, put together a good group of detailing products and materials in anticipation, order the freeflow airfilter, start thinking about a decent piece of leather luggage to match the interior color for those longer jaunts, get a k-40 and figure out your mounting plan, deal with mats and license plate frames {note: these are considered provocative topics on this website}, if the car doesn't come with drilled out pedals, get some lined-up, i'll introduce you to Mel in Irvington if you want to bring your car to Westchester for the day to have it detailed properly by him, personally, and there about a thousand other things you can actually do, to keep busy, in anticipation of, and in preparation for, your car. This is actually a wonderful time in Ferrari ownership. Enjoy it. (Oh yeah, if you don't have a digital camera you should probably start researching that now, and get one now, cause you aren't going to want to deal with conventional film once the car arrives).

11. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Ha, ha. Great post Will. Let's see where I stand in relation to them.

Already got a bunch ahead of purchasing, but continue to keep a lookout for additional mags/articles/books. Luckily she's got all her books.

Was seriously considering this, but came to the conclusion that since I live in a building, I will not have the ability to really wash and detail this myself. Hence my fantacism about keeping the car immaculate is going to make some car wash/detailer very, very happy.

Will have to research this, since I'm not familiar with the reference.

Not a big fan of the Ferrari collection. The other stuff I've already got. Although I don't know how many "longer jaunts" I'm really going to do in the first year.

Brand new Valentine 1 just arrived yesterday. :D:D

A "next stage" modification, once I've enjoyed my car for a while with the little suction cups that come with the radar.

Looking for mats right now. If you have a good place to get some, please let me know. BTW, also looking for some Euro markets. I know one of our Sponsors sells them for $335 (with shipping), but I'm wondering if others do as well. If you know, again please let me know.

Fortunately it does.

That would be wonderful. I look forward to it.

Batteries are all charged up!! :D:D

12. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    #12 ghost, Mar 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Vik, congratulations...! i'm almost positive that the two people who dropped off your car are the same two people who dropped off a yellow NNO in New Orleans, at the Ferrari French Quarter Classic, back in October...

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Thanks Carbon! Tony and Pat were great: very professional and extremely meticulous with the car as I watched them unload it. The seller on the other side (who saw them load it) also commented the same.

Brought a big smile to my face when they passed the unsolicited comment that this was one of the "nicest 355B's they have ever seen."

15. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Vik, what's that dent I see on the left rear bumper?

Just kidding, congrats! She's a beauty.

16. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Vik, Looks beautiful. Can't wait to see it in person. I guess you are out driving right now. I remember my first drive. It was a sunday morning just after sunrise..... pure adrenaline. When I got back my wife said she could hear me taking off on the highway. So much for sneaking up on anyone in a ferrari!! Enjoy! Ed

John (pchop), I think I noticed a dent on your car in the same spot! ....there's always a wiseguy in the crowd.... lol.

17. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Congrats. Ghost. Are you areound next weekend for a little excursion?

18. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Congratulations. Today is a good day so you should be out driving instead of reading this.

Have fun!

19. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    #19 ghost, Mar 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Many thanks to all for all the compliments and good wishes. The weather is indeed beautiful, and I took advantage of it -- just came back from a spirited drive. The car was amazing, although I had my fair share of "new owner"-itis, which I will post about shortly. I'm hungry as a bear as a result of all this driving, so I'm off to get some brunch. Quick pic of the car, taken when I got back.

Black355, keep that engine warm for next weekend. If fact, if you're around this coming Tuesday evening and the weather is good, you are welcome to join Noah -- who is picking up his 360 -- and myself for a quick "we just got our cars" drive. :D Lemme know whazzup.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login