How do you post pictures?? | FerrariChat

How do you post pictures??

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by murph7355, Mar 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I've done some looking and think it's something like this:

[picture]URL[/picture]

But that doesn't seem to do it.

Can someone give me some pointers please :)

PS If there's a help section on the forum, could you point me to that too so I don't have to ask dumb questions again :)

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Murph,

You can post pictures to F-Chat in one of two ways:

1. Link Them

Which is what you were trying to do with your command above. In this situation you should have a picture file already hosted on the web somewhere, and the command should be [.img]picturelink[/img] (without the "." in the first img). Note that (i) the picture still has to be less than 640x640, and (ii) some picture-hosting services (ImageStation comes to mind) won't let you remotely link from them.

2. Upload Them

Which is what most of us do, where we rely on Rob's kindness, and use the F-Chat server (I think) to host. If going this route you should should (i) click on "Post Reply" on the bottom left, like you were going to type a message, (ii) when the message dialog box comes up, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on a box entitled "Manage Attachments", and (iii) locate your file on your computer and upload from there.

HTH.

3. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
  4. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thanks ghost. Will have a play and see what I can sort...

5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I thought linking was disabled? Rob believes that images should be self hosted so that in the future the archieves have them still and we do not have to rely on external sources.

6. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I knew I should have dumped the other half when she put that on the web for everyone to find!

[​IMG]

7. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #7 murph7355, Mar 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Nice pic Murph. Where are you based?

9. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thanks :) Quality's not great on it really. Intend to get some good ones done in the next week or so, but will post some others, possibly in the "General Discussion" area tomorrow.

Based in London at present, but have spent time in NYC and plan to travel round the US shortly on a bit of a break from work.

The photo here is the old pit buildings on the Reims GP circuit in Northern France. Very eerie place to go, especially with snow falling. You can have a fantastic blast down the pit straight and the noise as the sound bounces off what's left of the buildings is cool :)