What Movies Have You Seen Lately...? | FerrariChat

What Movies Have You Seen Lately...?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 134282, Mar 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    They don't necessarily have to be theater movies; maybe a flick from a few years ago you never had the chance to watch until recently...

In the theater, i recently went to see The Passion Of The Christ; however, just earlier, i watched Out Of Time, with Denzel Washington and, right after, i finally had the chance to check out Red Dragon, with Anthony Hopkins... Both movies were awesome...! i'm happy i've finally seen the Lecter trilogy in its entirety... His performance, as usual, was flawless... Out of time had some unexpected twists and turns that made it out to be yet another awesome Denzel Washington flick... Cool stuff...

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Just saw "The Unbearable Lightness of Being"...on your reco!

DL

3. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I saw Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (incredible), most of Super Troopers, most of Dude, Where's My Car, most of Old School, most of the School of Rock, and all of Lost in Translation.

Waiting to watch League of Extrodinary Gentleman and Punch Drunk Love.

I would have seen rest of those other movies if my g/f didn't have a problem keeping her clothes staying on. LOL!

Sunny

4. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    GlenGray Glenn Ross, but I watch that movie every few weeks or so:D

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    You too? I, sometimes can't wait that long!

"The story of men who have lost their souls."

WOW!

DL

6. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Darth, I picked up the DVD right when it came out last year. Do you have it? If not, it is well worth it!

I can't believe that film did not win any Oscars. With such a remarkable cast to boot!

One of my favorite scenes is when Moss loses it when talking to Roma.

Roma: "You said f*ck the machine."

Moss: "F*ck the machine? F*CK THE MACHINE!

Great stuff!

7. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Hey Slag, where are you? I wanted to know if you got the GGR DVD that you said you ordered. If so, did you enjoy it?

Oh man, I forgot to list my favorite movie of all time. One that I watch whenever I can.

TRADING PLACES :D:D:D

"It ain't cool being a jive turkey so close to Thanksgiving.......YEAH!"

8. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Recently I've watched Phone Booth which wasn't too bad, Catch Me If You Can which I enjoyed, another movie that I saw a couple of weeks ago which I thought was gonna be really stupid but I ended up laughing my ass off was Just Married.

9. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    NNo: i highly recommend "Manhunter" directed by Michael Mann over the remake Red Dragon.

I just finished getting the big home theatre system back up after a 5 year hiatus, so i am watching anything i can get my hands on, with renewed interest. Recent views: Adaptation (strange, but cool); trying to find a copy of THE HIDDEN on dvd, nobody stocks it (NNo -also highly recommended if you've never seen it, it has relevant ferrari footage in a few scenes);ever see Killing Zoe? (another strange one, with the beautiful Julie Delpie). I am also trying to assemble a "demo" list of hi-res, kick-ass audio clips to use showing off the system. Years ago, i used to use the beginning of Cliffhanger (and watch people squirm in their seats as the chick drops into the void) and the early T Rex scenes in J Park (the sound is mixed so that it actually cues that part of your brain/spine that responds to prehistoric threats-when played back over a system that has serious subs, it visibly moved people).

10. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I caught the movie "five easy pieces" on Bravo a couple of weeks ago. It is an old Jack Nicholson flick from about 71'. I still haven't seen "one few over the cuckoo's nest" I have heard it is good.

11. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    If you have one of those little indie theaters in your area, and it's playing a movie called Osama, run to see it. It's the first movie made in afghanistan since the Taliban was booted out. Made by locals using random people off the street as actors, it rivals and beats out 99% of the crap coming from Hollyworthlesswood. Incredibly powerful stuff....

-R

12. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    "Hey, let me buy ya a pack of gum, i'll show ya how to chew it."

13. Bad Chariot

Bad Chariot Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Reading, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I saw The Passions of Christ yesterday. That was the most disturbing movie I ever saw! I went to catholic schools from Grade 4-12 and they did not tell you that he was tortured like THAT! I am 31 years old and I was hiding my eyes on several scenes!

I have seen maybe 95% of all Viet Nam/ WW2 War movies ever made so blood does not freak me out but for some reason this was over the top!

14. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Best I've seen lately (though not recent films) have been "Il Mostro" by Roberto Benigni and "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels". Just wish "Delicatessen" with English subtitles would come out on DVD! (My Korean isn't up to speed).

15. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Bill, is that the name of the original movie...? i just learned last night that Red Dragon was actually a remake and that it was originally made back in the '70s...

i've seen Killing Zoe; great movie... They never finished the joke the one guy was telling in the bank... Funny what you remember... :)

Bill, Darth has a great recommendation of a movie you should play when you have a great system set up in your house; something to do with Indy cars, i think... Have you watched Gumball Rally yet...? i've never seen it and don't want to unless it's on a really great system... Was talking to Darth on the phone one night and the Daytona, through the speakers, through the phone, sounded unreal... i can't imagine what it must sound like, in person, on a great entertainment system...

16. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I've just saw both of the Harry Potter films on DVD, liked the first but didn't like the secod one. Just wanted to see what the hype was all about.

Also if you get a chance, watch DOGTOWN & Z-BOYS, great film on the history of extreme skateboarding.

17. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    i saw dead sexy des: the sequal

18. docdavid

docdavid Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Toronto/K-W
    Full Name:
    Mike D
    I saw Kill Bill Vol. 1 in theatres a while back and loved it. I'm anxiously awatining Vol. 2, it should be great
    MD

19. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    WHart: I'm a big Michael Mann fan. Heat is incredible, even Ali was good.

For those of you guys looking for a GREAT movie, I was put onto GATTACA somewhat recently. I've become a *huge* fan of this movie.

As for recent movies - going to the theater in about 20 minutes after a few months. Need to zone out, Starky and Hutch looks stupid enough for that.

--Dan

20. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    I just finished watching "Lost in Translation" for the second time and I think it is a really great movie.

Still waiting for Kill Bill Vol 2 to come out...

21. CarlDog

CarlDog Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Southern NH
    Full Name:
    David
    I have recently viewed such mega hits as "Waiting for Guffman", "The Big Lebowski", and another strange movie which I found insanely funny called "Wet Hot Summer Nights".

I chuckled through the entire movie regardless that it is one of the dumbest movies EVER made. If you rent it, the cook named Gene> (I think the actor is on "Law and Order" or some other court type show currently) He is too funny. I truly hope that my admitting I liked "Wet Hot Summer Nights" will not make this community think that I am a total goof. HA!

Last night I watched "Matchstick Men" with Nick Cage and thought that was good. All time favorite would be "The Cannonball Run" series with Jackie Gleason as Beuford T. Justice! When he talks to Jr. I crack up.

I forgot to mention the Paris Hilton vid, what an actress!

Regards to all,

Dave Carlberg

PS - I may not have a chance to post again before St. Patrick's Day, so I hope you all have a fun and safe day/night.

22. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    He really rips into John at that point!

23. Onlinesys

Onlinesys Formula Junior

May 1, 2002
    Hong Kong
    All men will love "Lost in Translation" especially those who are around the Mid Age crisis!

Can't wait to watch Kill Bill part II to tribute for the Hong Kong/Taiwan movies industry in the 80s.

24. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    To Kill a Mockingbird

I had just finished re-reading the book (one of my favorites), and decided to rent the movie this weekend. Great movie, IMHO. One of the few times where I thought the movie was almost as good as the book.

Normally, I stick to comedy or action, so this was unusual for me.

Dom

25. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    My wife and I saw "Twisted" last night, pretty cool thriller.