Sopranos tonight | FerrariChat

Sopranos tonight

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by rob, Mar 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    It's been a loooooooong wait but the premier is finally on tonight. Anybody else going to watch it?

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i'm just counting down the minutes... Can't wait... This is the last season, right...?

3. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    That's what there saying but I guess it's not definate. We were almost left hanging but they kicked some extra boxes of ziti to J. Gandolphini so badda boom badda bing the show is back in action. There is also talk of a movie, but who knows cabeesh?????

4. Sensational1

Sensational1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Rancho Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Michael Basic
    Nope, this is not the last season. This is season 5 with 13 episodes. Season 6 is already planned with 10 episodes.

5. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Please.... no Italian by amateurs.

6. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    37 mins to go.

7. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    How long do you think before Paulie gets whacked?

8. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I've got quite a bit of Italian blood in me.

9. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    ****! I totally forgot about that ****! I'm a huge Sopranos fan, I haven't missed an episode. They better replay the episode immediatly.

10. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    Big fan of the show but I thought it was pretty boring. They take 14 months off and thats the best they can come up with? Half the show was about them dealing with a bear on their property. Oh well, maybe they will get better.

11. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    I thought it was great! Definitely going to be a good season!

Ernesto

12. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I enjoyed it too but I think the part with the bear was a bit of a stretch. There are so many diffrent things that can happen between the charactors like Tony and Melfie, Paulie and Chris, Johnie Sac and Tony and with all the new charactors coming in for this season. I was also thinking that Johnny Sac put something in Carmine's lunch to stroke him out. Anybody else think this?

13. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    ABSOLUTELY. That was the first thing I thought of.

I thought the whole bear subplot was pretty dumb. I was happy it was in there though because I saw a bear on the edge of the woods driving on Rt70, and no one believes me because they don't think there are any bears here.

I was thinkin this afternoon about the whole Russian incident with Paulie and Christopher back in Season 3, since Steve Buscemi directed that episode, and now he's playing a character this season. Last season, I thought the Russian would resurface and spark a Russian/Italian mob war. Since it didn't happen last season, I'm predicting it for this season. It was hinted at in tonight's episode.

Is the money still in with the bird food?

I bet that guy that just got out of jail and was sitting with Uncle Junior, Bobby, and Tony is going to be this years ******* loose canon like Ralph and Richie before him...

Anyone else have any thoughts/predictions this year?

14. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I think you guys missed the bear symbolism. Tony always had ducks in the backyard which metaphorically represented his "issues". Now apparently his issues have grown to bear-ish proportions. In the final scene he is "loaded for bear" meaning there is going to be a confrontation of epic proportions.

15. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    pretty interesting what you say about the bear analogy. Certainly didn't look at it that way. Still I was just expecting more after such a long layoff.

16. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Excactly what I was thinking! I think Tony's cousin (getting out of jail)is gonna be the loose cannon. I'm also looking forward to the Russian. Pine Barrens was my favorite episode, I've watched it over and over again...have all seasons on DVD.

17. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I also thought it was interesting how everyone else failed in their handling of the bear problem. AJ was absolutely pathetic ( crying Mommy) I guess he won't ever be running a mob family! Carmela scared him off albeit temporarily.
    The government (Div of Fish and Game were ineffectual bureaucrats), even Tony's henchman was half-assed. Finally Tony took the reins to deal with it himself. As far as the Russian, I think we are going to see him again, Paulie's and Christopher's bragging kind of foretells that.

18. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ben, next Sunday, i'm coming over to YOUR house to watch it; i thought i was the only one to recognize the symbolism in the episodes, ESPECIALLY in the first one of the season...!
    Hot stuff...

Folks, the first episode of the season sets things up for the WHOLE season... The music at the beginning and the end of the show, the bear, Dr. Melfie - everything.

19. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    I thought the wacking of the waiter was a little silly, I mean your reputed gangsters in a public place for 3 plus hours you leave a ****ty tip, the waiter chases you down, you kill him, and take off - yet the police can't put two and two together?

20. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Their conversation later cracked me up. "This thing is silly, Chris, one of us could have gotten hurt". What sensitivity! LOL

21. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Anyone know when they're replaying the episode?

22. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

no no... the best line was right after they whacked the waiter as they're running away- Paulie grabs the money from the check presenter and Chris says: "That's MY money Paulie!".

Hilarious!

23. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Tonight at 9pm central time on HBOP.

24. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    I'm putting it on DVD as we speak! :)

25. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    The bear IS Tony! Remember, the bear is big and scary to Anthony Jr and to his mom. Tony shows up and is wearing black exactly like the bear. In the end, Tony is waiting for a conflict with.....himself.