No Australian Grand Prix Thread C'mon guys!! | FerrariChat

No Australian Grand Prix Thread C'mon guys!!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by ClassicFerrari, Mar 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Hey, let's get some feedback here! This is the AUSTRALIAN SECTION MATE! Anyone here go and watch the race? People far faaarrr away need to know.

Wish I was there. I didnt watch it but I heard it was kind of boring. Oh well, any other feedback???

Thanks

Vasco.R

2. shelbee

shelbee Guest

watched it on Speed channel. It looks like a fun place to go by the water.

It seemed like F2004 was very smooth in gear shifting, hearing from car camera.

Slam dunk for Michael and Rubens. Congratulations for them, FORZA FERRARI!!!

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    There is a pretty active thread on the "Racing" forum............

4. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    My brother-in-law phoned me twice during the race, it was only a few moments of delay. Ferrari did take the first two places wire to wire. Next year I wish to be there.

5. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeah, i noticed the aussie mark webber pulled out to let some weirdo's in ugly red cars with /F/I/A/T/ badges on the front win.

6. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    In case anyone is interested, the race was over before the end of the first lap!!

Even the none car spectators were saying the Fcars were way faster than the rest and the BMWs and Mercs were so slow Webber was running with them in the Daguar :)

You could even tell who was winning while the pitstops were going on, that's how far the boyz were ahead of the pretenders.

I watched qualifying from turn 1 and 2, and the 2004GA was easily the smoothest followed by the Renaults while JPM got a little untidy because he was trying so hard and seemed like the only one who could give the Fcars a hard time but he is too inconsistent.

Rubens is a damn good driver and if Michael wasn't around I'm sure he would win a title or two in this car, maybe even I could win a title in this car if they just made the cockpit for a fat bugger :)

The outright speed of these cars is very obvious at the track and not something you would determine for the TV so if you get the chance to got to a GP this year do it so you will understand the clear superiority the 2004GA car has, all the other teams are totally demoralised and think if Ferrari clobber them in Sepang it will be all over red rover.

John

7. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    ummmmmmmm.....2004GA??

8. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I thought they were retaining the GA on the 04 car as well in respect of Gianni Agnelli....oh well I'm dribbling again :(