How many times have your raced a ricer? | FerrariChat

How many times have your raced a ricer?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Prancing_Horse, Mar 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    This is a sort of spin off to the how do people react to your ferrrari thread.

since ricers want to prove thier cars are fast just cause they have a coffie can-sized exaust tip and a wing from a boing 747 so they want to race your ferrari.
    How many times has this happened to you, and tell about it.

2. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Never raced a ricer in a Ferrari, but I saw a drag race with a Ferrari 360 Modena and Honda Civic. Light turned green and the Ferrari took off half throttle, while the Civic was probably wide open throttle. When the guy in the Modena started getting serious it was like he broke a hole in the atmosphere... He must have had Tubi cause my ears where in pleasure for that those few seconds before all I saw where the tailights of the cars.

3. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    Saw a 360 race a Mistubishi Eclipse.....the Eclipse looked like it was from outer space but it was i might say pretty fast but it was no match for the Modena lol
    This was right after Hot import nights in LA on March 6th RICER AFTER RICER taking off like a with their loud ass exhausts, then i noticed that Ferrari come outta no where haha it was like seeing a unicorn with a herd of mules ^_^

4. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Race them all the time, get my ass kicked all the time. sob's

5. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    My dad said that when he was with my sister, an old granny in a Honda pulled up and they raced. Sounded funny.

6. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    thats cause they all got nitrous

7. davequick

davequick Formula Junior

May 27, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Quick
    Zero.

I know I'd lose.

They make their cars go quick off the line, super fast in a straight line. My car is 17 years older than theirs most of the time so you'd hope they could get modern technology to match it and beat it.

But every time I see one I know the girl in their car would much rather be where my wife is sitting... in a ferrari. ;-)

-dq

8. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    You, I, we, know it as Nitrous, or Nitrous Oxide... to ricer's, its "naaawwwsss"

9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    All the ricers I run into around here just want to look and admire more than anything. They are car enthusiasts too....just a different generation and pocket depth (although they can spend some serious coin on those things).

Maybe they are racing me...but I'm always driving a little too fast (all right real fast says the girlfriend!)....they just aren't keeping up too well...and neither is anyone else for that matter!

Ciao

Dino

10. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Turbo and some with built JDM spec motors.

11. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Some well-modified ricers probably have a chance on the street against a 360 as it doesn't have a lot of low-end torque. I have seen some blown civics move along faster than 355s and 360s.

In a 550 or 575 you should blow the doors off of anything up to a well-tuned Supra, 300ZX, etc.

12. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    Sometimes get approached by boxsters too. Does Michael Schumacher want to race in his F1 car against Tony Stewart in his Nascar? What's the point? Different class.

13. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    If its a rice car that has speed potential, for example a Wrx, a Supra TT or Rx7TT, ill race them. If its a Honda with a fart can, i dont pay attention to them.

14. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

What if it is a 9 second honda driven by Stephen Papadakis?

15. acw

acw Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    I sometime drive a bit too fast but I never race anyone in the street period. I keep that for the track with a real race car. Besides Ferraris in general are not really good at drag racing anyway.

AW

16. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Happens all the time. Most of the time it's like Ingenere said, they are admirers and want a closer look, then get the idea to try and entice me into gunning it and racing them. The worst is when some idiot in a pickup truck pulls up next to me, then floors his truck and takes off, as if I should really race him and prove that my car is faster.

17. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
  18. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  19. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    TYLER

I had completely forgotten about that thread! It sure was a riot:D

I would have died to have seen that unfold in person!

20. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    Ran into a riced out WRX just today carbon fiber wing and looked like rear hatch, plate said REAL STI. Waited for him to make a move, but never went weird because he looked all riced out ready to go....I wasnt about to lose and I was remembering that last Subaru thread on here!

21. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i have owned, worked on and gotten beaten by some " rice a roni " cars. so what NOBODY IS BUYING AND RESTORING OLD JAP CARS. while ferraris to trans ams from 25 years ago are found and restored. most rice cars are less than 10 years old, and they are mostly "the same" ho hum. so they keep buying the beaters and "rice them" up. hell an original honda civic may be worth something one day since out of the million they make a year, only 1% will be original after the ricers ruin them. i would rather have and old classic fcar, pcar or muscle car than waste $$$ on a ricer. long live carb cars!!!!!

22. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Against one, or driving one? :D

23. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Never, not worth the gas.

24. exiges

exiges Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Midlands
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    I had a Nissan Skyline GT R34 V-Spec, which was tuned up to deliver 0-100mph in 8.5 seconds.. not much went by me in that.

Shame they don't make them any more.. *sniffle* I have to settle for a 360 now..

25. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    What's a ricer...?