328 Weber Alpha injection. | FerrariChat

328 Weber Alpha injection.

Discussion in '308/328' started by chaa, Nov 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Having it done after christmas by Shiltec Ferrari, should yeld around 400 bhp along with head work which shoud cost about the wong side of £6k. Has any one else got expereance with this set up on there 308/328.Would go the turbo or super charger route but there are no companys that do it in the uk,it would be great if we had a Norwood here.

2. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Do i take it as a no then,will i be the first on this site?

3. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Looks like it!

You really expect 400BHP with F.I. alone? Are cams included in the "head work"? Other neat bits-and-pieces in there as well?

Fill us in with the details...

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Yes i would love to know the details as well.

5. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG

6. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Dead right andy when i read chaa said nobody in uk can do this turbo,supercharger conversion in the uk i was very suprised,
    jeff at TT is the man in this area they dont do many of the older conversions now but they will get the parts made for you,
    chaa go to the autosports show in jan 04 you will get sorted with what ever you want,all the TOP enginners are there ive never missed a show trade day is the best day if you can get tickets.

7. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Peter its not what i expect at all,its what Shiltec Ferrari recomended to me and said it would knock out,Shiltec race tune ferraris and race prepare them. In this months edition of Auto Italian magazine there is an example of one of there 328 engines with weber alpha injection on it in a 308 race car that raced in the USA,with 400bhp. I was told the heads would also be reworked in the package but i have already said that havn't i.I did not say that turbo charging could not be done in the uk,its just that the usa has norwood and the germans have theres but in the uk it would have to be to special order and haveing to sorce parts from every were, not alot is simple here,i have expereance on twin turbo charging my 5ltr TR8 only one of two in the UK and took ages to complete and alot of firms pissing about and getting things wrong.If any one does know of a UK firm that can undertake a turbo job on a 328 tell me So back to the original question has any one had expereance with this set up??

8. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Oh yea Turbotecniqes or jan speed do not do the conversion any more they used to. As far as the NEC goes i have been going to that since it started and could get different companys to make things for me,but the problem i have found is that as soon as you say the F word there prices go three fold. Who is Geff from TT does he do the whole conversion on the 328 and has he expereance in ferrari engines.The main point i am makeing is that a company like norwood you would take the car to and you get a set price along with there expereance in the F engine.Regarding the revcounter .....F**K the rev counter