Ride with funk master flex | FerrariChat

Ride with funk master flex

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by docdavid, Mar 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. docdavid

docdavid Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Toronto/K-W
    Full Name:
    Mike D
    Just caught the first half of ride with funkmaster flex. he was having a 'celebrity' car show, rapper wyclef jean showed up with a suprising collection of exotics, Mclaren f1, ferrari 360 spider(rosso), a zonda, and a few others. Does anyone have anymore info on his collection?
    Thanks
    MD

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Spike TV right? Missed it for good reasons.

3. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    I knew he was an avid car fan with a McLaren F1, 360 Spider, etc... I heard his collection of cars is worth around $15 million. When the Enzos first started hitting the USA, my guess was that he would be the first music industry person to own one.

I get a kick out of seeing which musician (almost always a rapper) is the first to get the latest & greatest exotic in their video. The first to have the 360 was Dr. Dre in his "Forgot about Dre" video several years ago. He was also the first to have a Murcie, which he was driving in Eminem's "Without Me" video. Now they all have 360s, Diablos, etc... It will be interesting to see if an Enzo shows up in one of their videos. Many of them can easily afford one. P Diddy is worth close to $300 million from what I've read.
    Missy Elliot is a huge Ferrari & Lambo fan and she too can easily afford an Enzo. The question is would she be willing to pay about double MSRP for an aftermarket one.

4. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Jeff

Not to be nitpicky, but.......:)

The first 360 in a rap video was in "Get Your Roll On" by Cash Money Millionare group Big Tymers...

5. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    I believe you're incorrect because the album the above song was on was "I Got That Work", which was released in May, 2000 (according to cdnow.com)
    I remember the Dre video was featured on "Making the Video" and it was definately in '99 (the album it was on was released in Nov of 1999) and if I recall correctly, it was the 1st single off that album. I remember Dre or somebody else talking about it in that segment and saying it was a $225k car, which I laughed at bcz many times celebs or celeb ass kissers tend to jack up the price to make them sound like even bigger ballers than they are, or of course he got the car as an aftermarket one and really did pay $225k, which is believable considering it was when they first came out.

6. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Was that the same video where one of those moron rappers did donuts in a bentley (he insisted HE do it, not the stunt driver) and slid the back end of the car into another high end car?

7. carmaster

carmaster Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Boston/ Portland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I think they were doing donuts in a diablo with the doors up.