360 Dead Pedal | FerrariChat

360 Dead Pedal

Discussion in '360/430' started by 348paul, Mar 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    #1 348paul, Mar 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    About time - I hear some of you cry!

Many thanks to a fellow F-chatter who kindly supplied the rubber 360 dead pedal for us to put on our CMM machine so we could get the exact dimensions from - and some time latter we have managed to create this beauty!

Made from a solid 2" thick billet of aluminium - CNC machined to virtually nothing! Straight grained on the faces like the 360CS stock brake & gas pedals and the hole spacing to match the stock gas pedal.

Well here is the picture of the said item - I hope you like it!

Paul

Hill Engineering
    www.hill-engineering.co.uk
    Ferrari Chat Sponsor

Edited to say - thanks to Joe for the rubber 360 RHD pad - RHD version will be next.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
  3. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Looks great. It is amazing how a simple pedal upgrade can alter the whole appearance of a car's interior. Do you have any pictures of a complete pedal set with the dead pedal?

4. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Paul:

Yes, 360 RHD version please.

5. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    TCM - I will get a picture of the installation of the 360 dead pedal and post it here - I have to take one to a customer of mine before the weekend.

CWWHK - RHD version is waiting in the queue! (A week or so!)

Paul

6. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    Paul I know you have been waiting for this but I had the pedal but no CS :) - did get my new CS yesterday and did get the pedal in today - you can't complain about that; right

I always hated the odd look of the rubber dead pedal next to the break and gas pedal – I did buy an aluminum version for my Modena from some company that should stay unnamed – the pedal did not really fit and it took me significant effort to get it into a shape that would fit besides that it was screwed together! – you can search old FChat for my post

Paul did machine a dead pedal version for my CS (one piece; no screws!) – it fits like a charm and was a blast to install < 10 min with cleanup – I did fix it with two screws (included by Paul) to the side - however it would have equally stayed in place with the existing glue (I had problems to pray it loose after the first fit) – but I did not want to take the risk

See attached old / new picture – I love it – cool work Paul

7. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    looks great!!!!

8. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I've been looking at these for awhile now. What a difference it makes. I too think the rubber pedal looks funny. Thomas's before/after picture was the final nail. Just ordered mine for my 360! - Tim