Anyone near Cincy,Oh ? | FerrariChat

Anyone near Cincy,Oh ?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Salo, Mar 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Salo

Salo Guest

I'm relatively new to the board and actually looking for my first Ferrari.
    The closest dealer is MAG in Columbus , but I'm trying to find
    another source for maintenance and repairs.
    I hate the idea of having to go to Columbus for all repair or service work.
    Can anyone reccommend a shop closer to home?

2. VS1

VS1 Karting

Oct 16, 2002
    Beavercreek, OH
    Full Name:
    Vishal Soin
    Depends what your have or get. In Dayton OH we use Foreign Exchange Motors for most maintenance and work on the 328 and would highly recommend them - but we still take the 355 to MAG.

3. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    There are 2 places in Cincy that can do repair (Smithe Automotive in Loveland and One over by Pfieffer Rd in Blue Ash - European Auto).

However - I will tell you the best place to go - at the best price for F-Car Repair and Maintenance is NJB Automotive (www.ferrariguys.com). Craig Reed the Mechanic came from a large shop.

They will give you the best price, honest and service you will find. They are working on my 355 spider as we speak. They also pick up and drop off no matter where you live - in an enclosed trailer... which is nice.

- and no I am not being paid to say that :) I have had F-Car's for a long time and it is nice to have someone you can trust that is relatively close by.

If you call - tell them that Rich told you to call... Maybe the will give you my frequent customer discount... :)

Rich Wallace

PS. If you are all in Cincy - let's get together for a Saturday Drive!

4. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I should have mentioned that NJB is located in Westerville Ohio (Columbus)... but worth going or having them pick up (about 1.5 hours away).

5. Salo

Salo Guest

Thanks for the replies.
    Richard ,I don't have the Ferrari yet , but when I do I'll send you a note
    and we'll go for a ride.
    I'm leaning to a 355 Spider but I have not seen one in person yet.

6. ForzaMe

ForzaMe Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    Do you have a yellow 355, Richard? I've seen that and a burgandy 360 spyder at the airport.

Did anybody talk to the guy at the auto show with the Maseratis?

This guy had a green coupe and a brown quattroporte (both had NJ plates) in the corner of the convention center (by Toyota's display, if I remember correctly). Both interiors were totally covered in the protective plastic, but you could still see how nice the interiors were.

He said that he had a shipment of coupes coming in 2 weeks and the quattroporte would be available in Sept. or something like that and they were going to start selling them on beechmont ave. with an existing dealership. He said something about the guy who owned Beechmont Porsche and some Lincoln/Cadillac dealership was involved with this... not really paying attention to where because a) I can't afford it and b) I was so shocked to see both Maseratis in Cincinnati, in person. Especially the quattroporte.

Naturally, I was a bit surprised since Cincinnati is pretty conservative and we have a strong German background. So I asked him if they were going to sell Ferraris too. Now get this- he says that they're trying to become a Ferrari dealership in a year. I think it's a load of bull, did anybody else talk to this guy?

7. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Salo - Give me an e-mail [email protected] - I will let you take a peak at mine and drive it if you would like to see if you like it.

Forzame - I have a Red 355 with Tan interior... Since I recently purchased this - I usually drove/drive around in the 61 250 GTE (I just sold and bought the 355 a few months ago) - or I take the 67 330 GTC out - Both are dark blue. I actually bought the 355 so I could drive more and not worry about finding parts for the others when they break - which seems to be more than I liked :)

I would be surprised is Joseph Porsche is moving into F-Cars - I have not heard this - and I have purchased a few P-cars from Joseph... I will pop over to see Greg Joseph and see if he is moving in this direction... I would be surprised with MAG in Columbus and Nelson in Bellefountaine - that Joseph would move in that direction - with more of a limited conservative Cincy Market... By some F-car owners guess - we think there is probably less than 50 F-cars in Cincy - and many are the vintage... However - Cincy supports a Rolls and Bentley Dealership - so who knows...

We need to get a Monthly Cincy Drive going with some of the F-Car Owners (or others who are enthusiasts)...

If you guys are interested - pop me an e-mail (address above) and let's get something planned.

Rich Wallace

8. Salo

Salo Guest

Richard,
    I Thanks for the offer I'll send an email.
    I've been debating which Fcar I'd like for some time, I keep coming back to the 355.
    ForzaMe
    I suspected that the Maserati dealer was affiliated with the Beechmont Auto group when I saw his ad in the paper.
    It would be great if they could swing a Ferrari dealership.

9. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    There is somewhat of a local Cincy group that gets together at times. They held a Ferrari lunch last year at "Ferrari's" restaurant in Madiera. There were about 20 Ferraris in attendance & 3 Diablos. Contact [email protected] for more info on some of the local Cincy events.

10. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    I'm NE of Dayton and would enjoy getting together with some Ferrari folks around Cincinnati. I second the comments about the Ferrari guys, I've never dealt with a more accomodating repair business.

Erik Koik
    330 GT 2+2

11. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Erik,

A bunch of us are getting together on June 13th (Sunday) at my place and heading to the Ohio Concours event in Alt Park (Hyde Park Area). We should have 10 or so guys I think.

Give me an e-mail at

[email protected]

Thanks,
    Rich

12. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Rich,

Thanks. Will do.

Erik

13. Cincy Ken

Cincy Ken Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Cincinnati
    I also concur with Rich's endorsement of NJB up near Columbus. They did the belt service on my 328 last fall, and did a nice job detailing the engine compartment while they were at it. Pickup and delivery in the enclosed trailer was a real plus, and they managed to arrange it while doing another pickup/delivery, so I only had to pay transit for one way.

14. kgantzer

kgantzer Rookie

Apr 9, 2004
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kurt Gantzer
    Anyone have any experience with Steve Norris, now at Auto Livery in Ross, Ohio? If you do, I would like to hear from you. If you prefer email over posting, please send it to me at [email protected].

15. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Kurt - got your e-mail... BTW. Also I have not heard of Auto Livery... (and I thought I knew most in the general area :)

For all those ohio F-chatters - I will be sending out the official Cruise details for our juant to the OhioConcours.com event in Hyde park on the 13th... I will send out the details, where we are going to meet, etc. for that sunday.

Look for the mail sometime on Sunday!

See you all in a few weeks.

Rich

16. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
    Hello to all,
    I used to live in Columbus, Ohio till 2 years ago now and right now I find out about NJB Automotive!!! When I was there I was always in search for Ferrari related things but unfortunately I didn't find that much. I should have known Fchat earlier..... But anyway, still have great memories on the Columbus / Dublin environment....

Cordiali saluti,
    Joren REMANS