328 speedo faceplate change KPH to MPH | FerrariChat

328 speedo faceplate change KPH to MPH

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by dhs-9, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dhs-9

dhs-9 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Does anyone know if the faceplate can be swapped out to make a KPH to MPH or does the entire speedo need to be replaced. Where can a faceplate be obtained. Also how difficult is it to remove the speedo.

Thanks

Dave

2. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    The tacho-unit in the 308 is easy to remove, you need to remove the entire instrument cluster(or face-plate) by removing four screws that are located under four of the warning lights(these pop right out, carefully pry them with a small screwdriver). Then, with a small flashlight look for the screws which are located about 2.5-3 inches behind the face-plate.Also check if the screws are phillips head or the slotted type(I can't remember).Once the four screws have been removed you can pull the complete instrument panel towards you. Removing the tacho is self explanatory from there on. There was a thread recently(do an archive search on this) about the opening up of a tacho or rpm-gauge to replace the glass.I do not think that there are mph or kph faces readily available for interchange.I would try eBay for a good used mph tacho_Or contact the specialized workshop in Palo Alto that has been named on this board numerous times before.Good luck!

3. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    Try Palo Alto Speedometer

4. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
  5. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
  6. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    There is currently a MILES speedo for sale on Ebay.co.uk

7. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    The speedo on eBay.co.uk is for a RHD 308... I am not sure what RHD has to do with it, but the 308 speedo differs from a 328 speedo.