Pictures from Santa Barbara Run - 3/7/04 | FerrariChat

Pictures from Santa Barbara Run - 3/7/04

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Bmyth-FDC, Mar 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    What a great day!!

The weather was absolutely beautiful today... thanks for those who participated in today's run! Even our guest of honor, Marty, got to exercise a few miles in that amazing 575 MM of his! (even though it was an "automatic" it was one heck of ride!!!)

After meeting up in Thousand Oaks, we cruised up to have lunch at Cava Restaurant in Montecito... special thanks at the folks there for being so accomodating and making our lunch so pleasant. Bob, please thank the staff there for us! ;)

The run up to Buellton, then Solvang, was fun... the tunnel run was musical, and the brief "sprints" were a blast! All in all, a pretty mellow drive... lots of CHP out there today... for the most part (except for early in the day), we stayed out of trouble... 154 was great... and stagecoach road was fun! The looks on everyone's faces as we rolled by was priceless!

Thanks again everyone... As always, it was a pleasure to see familiar faces again and meet new ones! :)

Enjoy the pictures... I'm sure others have some more to post, too!

Byron

2. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Great pics Byron, glad you all had a great time.

-David

3. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Sorry I could not make that run today.

4. costa

costa Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Costantino Bertuzzi
    I am sorry i did not make it today but i really had to take my mom to see something around LA and Malibu btw i had the chance to meet the RAT PACK guys and they are really cool. I will go to Italy the 11th to test the new Maserati prototype, i'll be back by the end of the month and than i'll be out with you guys again.

Costa

5. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Costa, don't forget to post up some pics of your trip to Italy

6. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

I suppose this is my punishment for going to HIN yesterday. Was going to check out this board but nah.. went to go to see the rice.

Would of loved to see you guys roll through town.

7. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Looks like everyone had a great time -- I wish I could have been there!

Does anyone know of any drives going on at the end of the month (Sunday, March 28th)? My sister is coming into town and I wanted to show her how much more fun you can have in Southern California than in New York, and what better way to do that than bring her along on a drive?

8. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Thanks to all-especially Bob Callahan,JL and Byron.The turnout was amazing and the ride fun (except Callahan's 8 cylinder was setting such a slow pace that I dozed off a few times).
    When we passed the Hell's Angel group one guy yelled out "get a real car".Nearly pissed my pants but held back since I knew Callahan would attribute my incontinence to senility!
    Good seeing the guys from last years drive and meeting some great new people.

9. jlm348

jlm348 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Scottsdale + LA
    Full Name:
    Jean-Louis
    It was a great gathering of old and new friends.
    Thanks to all for making it yet another SAFE ticketless event.
    Marty- great seeing you and Faye again.
    Bob- thanks for helping with the restaurant and parking.
    Hope to see you all soon on the next event.
    FDC will keep everyone updated.

If you would like to get on our e-mail list please contact [email protected] and indicate car type and city you are in.

Jean-Louis
    FDC
    "We drive and drive often"

10. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    It was great seeing old faces and new. Special thanks to Marty who showed me what a Maranello can do when stuck in 1st gear, Art for flying down for the afternoon to share a tasty lunch, and everyone for making this such a wonderful group to be a part of!

Sunny

11. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    It was good to see Marty was having one of his better days. I say this even though he thought those of us wearing Ferrari Red shirts where actually Santa's Elves and thought it must be near Christmas (he wants a pony!).

You'll notice in the photo of Art (Marty's court appointed guardian) and me Marty is attempting to pick my pocket (his cleptomania has returned). He then had the four of us share two glasses (in his hand) of sea water as "refreshments" and tried to explain that it was really "mineral water"

Faye, his understanding wife, is to be admired. Anyway, after lunch Marty tried to get somebody to ride shotgun in his new automatic....no takers!! Art (after riding with marty from the airport mumbling "never again"!) begged Faye to take him back to his plane.

Now as many of you will recall, Art has to make a written report to the court on Marty's condition. As Mart's best friend I ask all of you to petition Art to go easy on the report.

Art, I know Marty is a needy person but I am willing to monitor him while he's waiting for Santa (and the pony) and I beg you to try and put aside what you witnessed.

Bob

12. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    Oh,

I forgot Marty was telling everybody that would listen he had dinner at "Gods House" (he uses the euphemism "his Landlord") He told me and many others how there are many rooms in his mansion. Apparently God and his wife (i truely did not know God had a wife) are very tall good looking people. God's wife (according to Marty) takes care of the books and the investments for the Vatican. BTW, God and his wife are both against abortion!

I'll keep my eye on Marty and report to the Ferrari community when anything interesting happens up here in Santa Barbara (God's Country).

Bob

13. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Today I spent the day in court removing Callahan as my conservator since it is now clear to me he 1) has been stealing my money
    2) has been hitting on my wife
    3) is constitutionally incapable of keeping a secret and has the need to publish on the chat whatever I tell him in confidence.
    4) is in cahoots with Art Chambers in an attempt to have Art appointed as my guardian.
    5) continues to proselytize attempting to get me to see Passion of Christ and thus convert me or at the very least make me feel guilty.)
    Anyhow what's wrong with wanting a pony????

14. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    Yes he wants a pony. But, I have never. EVER, heard of a kosher pony!

15. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Look in the mirror and you'll see a Kosher pony= an ASS.
    This is my last posting duelling with a man who was educated beyond his intelligence.