355 Skid Plates | FerrariChat

355 Skid Plates

Discussion in '348/355' started by 98TDFSpider, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 98TDFSpider

98TDFSpider Rookie

Dec 29, 2003
    I've read the prior threads. Anyone have recent recommendations to share? The Hill Engineering (UK) plates look nice but very pricey considering the pound is almost 2 dollars. I'm also not sure how metal skid plates will look. Something black seems better -- but I believe what I read about the Nylon ones showing "threads" after just one or two scrapes. Anyone get the carbon composites from Pinnacle?

2. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Orderd them alloy ones from Paul hill this morning.Should be comming tomorrow. I agree they are pricey but what can you do? I had the front of the cars spoiler resprayed only this morning ,so i thought id better do it while the cars up.

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I looked into buying these from JRV's shop and they were $450 a pair.I will be buying from Paul Hill soon too.
    Tony

4. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I bought the Aluminium from Hill Engineering about a week ago - just got them in (also ordered the 355 dead pedal) - they look great - now I need to put them on... Which in my estimation will be about a 1 hour job...

I didn't think the Titanium was worth the extra cost for something that will be dragging and scratched... but with all the hype on everything being Titanium - who knows if they would wear better...

5. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    Possible, but generally doesn't happen. It's high molecular weight polyethelyne.

Rob