Does Linkin Park lead singer own a McLaren F1? | FerrariChat

Does Linkin Park lead singer own a McLaren F1?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by JeffB, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    A friend of mine the other day asked if I saw the episode of "MTV Cribs" where the lead singer of Linkin Park was featured (Chester Pennington). I said "no, why?". He said "because he had this cool car called a McLaren something that had 3 seats and the doors came up & out". My jaw hit the floor. Did anybody catch that episode or know if he does indeed own an F1?

I know Wyclef Jean has one. I would be surprised to hear that Chester has one too because even though his band is a huge success, they're relatively new and he's one of 6 band members.

2. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    No that's not a McLaren. But it still looks cool as hell.

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Interesting, what car does he have..and pics!

4. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    I think its called a Mullen M11 or something, its a kitcar i think. Supposed to be damn fast and light, sounds like fun.

Sure is wild looking...

5. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    What do those cars usually cost?

6. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Looks like a F40 got hit from the back and front at the same time.

Ugly!

7. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA

8. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    They are ugly fiberglass kit cars based around a Ford power plant. They were also featured in a Microsoft commercial and cost about 40K TURNKEY if I remember correctly.

Luke.

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I think he's the lead 'screamer.' Singing is a bit of a stretch of the definition.

It looks like an older MR2 mated with an Rx7 that's been to one too many SEMA events.

10. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Thats one ugly car!

11. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA
    Lol, he's just releasing all that teenage angst one acquires growing up in an upper class suburb!
    Pity what's happened to (popular) rock.

12. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I guess thats the result of hard drugs & rock music. Poor taste in cars.

13. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I thought some of the Pink Floyd guys were choosing ok cars :D.

Sarc: That cracks me up. Maybe they were the kids whose evil parents gave them USED BMW's on their 16th instead of a new one.

What scares me is how SOFT kids can get when they have everything provided at home. I can think of a handful of even my closest friends who were not even wealthy but comfortable middle/upper middle class growing up and they are -despite being good friends - some of the laziest, unmotivated people I know. They haven't finished college, and they still live at home in their early 20's.

What sacres me even more is movies like Traffic, where you see these rich kids getting their hands on hard drugs and whatnot. That scares me. Of course, a common element to a lot of those scenarios is absentee parents.

14. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA

Yea, I know what you mean. At work we always have on the local rock station that plays the standard classics, but throws in the latest dreck; stinkin park, nicklecrack, 3 dopes down, et al. I just don't understand the appeal of this music because IT'S SO BORING!! Everybody whines, there is very little meldoic pattern being produced, and worse of all, no progression.
    I recall Led Zeppelin's motto was "ever onward". Compare the first track on LZ 1 vs. the last track on their 10th album to see what I mean
    Since we have the station on at work, I've had the pleasure of hearing the last 5 or so Linkin Park singles and if you break it down (which takes roughly 10 seconds), they are all the same musically. I guess that's what occurs when your musical influences don't dig deeper than the decade you grew up in (the 80's). How unfortunate!

Now of course, you could say "your just old, you don't get it". I'm 29, and I don't want to. Sometimes I feel I was born 15 years too late. To me, there's nothing worse than having your music labeled as boring, and I will put money on it that these current crop of emos will be long forgotten in 10 years.

Sorry, Jeff for completely derailing this thread for you.......

15. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Damn...that is one hell of an ugly .....

16. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    if it wasnt so damn small it might look better. i didnt realize they were only 40K.

17. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    LOL, no problem, interesting talk. I personally am not a fan of Linkin Park or the others you mentioned, but I think that Chester is a talented guy. Indeed their songs all sound the same, with a little slow rap by their other front man, then Chester belting out screams at the top of his lungs. That's probably orchestrated by their record label as a recipe for success seeing that their 1st album sold in excess of 10 million copies in the US alone.

18. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    I see nothing wrong with somebody still living at home in their early 20s. Personally, I see something wrong with parents encouraging their kids to move out now that they're 18 or older. Or just as bad, charging their kids rent once they hit 18.

19. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Sarc: yeah, something happened to popular music: it divided into to main camps, those who sound like Creed and Limp Biskit, and pop-in-a-can from Britney, Justin, et al.

JeffB: Well, the problem isn't the being at home, necessarily, but that they're not on a productive course in life, or working towards a set goal of indepence. The having a real goal or working towards being somebody is the key. It just so happens that when they're not doing that, they can live off ma and pa for free.

But as someone who left for boarding school in New Zealand at 16 (very affordable there, but paid for by a friend of the family -- my family=broke), and except for a few mos. after high school grad has been on his own for 8+ years, I'm a big believer in getting the heck out of Dodge and starting your own life. I dread the thought of having clingy kids who won't leave. But if they take after my wife or me, we should be fine.

20. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    One of our clients is a close personal friend with my boss; he's the same guy who let me drive his Porsche Boxster S a few months ago... Anyway, he lived at home until he was in his early thirties; when he left, he went and bought a 7 figure house in cash. He (and his parents) knew what he was doing and he was very calculated with almost everything he's done; he's had some bad ventures and what not, here and there, but he's made, now; owns a HUGE company, makes plenty of money...

Age really has nothing to do with it; i left home at 15 and that really didn't speed up the money-making process, lemme tell you...! :)

21. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    looks like a POS built on an elise to me...

22. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    And this describes why Japanese are able to buy houses and why Japanese in their 20s have so much money to spend on vacations and the like. They live at home until marriage, or if they've come to the city from the countryside, they live in company-subsidized dorm type appartments. The age of marriage has been rising with many men not marrying until their 30s and women at least until late 20s. Lots of money can be saved...