Breakdown recovery for f cars | FerrariChat

Breakdown recovery for f cars

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by nickster, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nickster

nickster Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    The moon
    Full Name:
    nickster
    Just wondered who everyone used.I didnt get any cover with the car insurance and need to arrange (just in case,obviously).I know companies like green flag just send out the local recovery firm with their truck,which isnt going to be suitable for my lowered 348.Cheers.

2. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    I chose one from autotrader,it cost me £35 had it valid for about a week when I needed it.when I called them for assistance they said oh it"s a ferrari (328 GTS)so you will need a low loader,waited about an hour and a half and along it came on the back no prob,sorry am away from home at present and cannot remember their name.
    best regards
    Dave McGuire

3. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Green Flag do the recovery for the Ferrari Formula warranty...

Robert.

4. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    RAC, Like most other breakdown people as soon as you mention its a Ferrari, Porsche etc they send the flat bed out

5. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    I've used the AA (had to be recovered twice) very good, now I'm covered under Ferrari's warranty, I think it's Mondial?

6. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I used to use RAC as I want European cover - £175 per year for two brothers. When my brother emigrated they wanted £158 per year for just me. Go figure.

I found their guys in a van to be extremely helpful but their UK phone receptionists were a real pain in the a**e.

I am looking around and found others to be in same price range except Europ Assistance at £59 per year. I will give them a go unless I hear any consistent horror stories.

7. nickster

nickster Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    The moon
    Full Name:
    nickster
    Thanks fellas.I was hoping for a consensus,but seems everyone goes their own way.I'll probably go with the RAC simply because I have done before.

8. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    My insuarance company provide Green Flag cover free of charge, but it is limited to 30 miles recovery, and you have to pay the difference to have it taken back to the garage of your choice.

I also use AA, which for roadside and relay is about £100 per year for me and the trouble-and-strife. Always been superb service from first call to delivery home.

Stig