Social gatherings--opinions welcome | FerrariChat

Social gatherings--opinions welcome

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by atlantaman, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    After the gathering on Saturday at Brian's, I had an idea for some additional events. I am going to throw these out and see how people respond...

1) Golf--We can book about 10 tee times at chateau elan one saturday morning. We can all play golf and have a lunch.

2) Deep sea fishing-- perhapps have a group of us caravan to Destin or Savannah and organize a fishing trip.

3) sporting events-- get a batch of tickets for a local event (like the bellsouth clasic or Masters) and caravan a group of cars to it.

any other suggestions welcome

Charles Claussen

2. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I love the idea of us all going deep sea fishing together. That would be a blast. AND Golf at Chateau Elan is a must! Great idea Charles!

3. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    Get us some tickets to the Masters and I'll be there in an NY (make that ENZO) minute!!

4. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    i have 10 practice rounds for monday and 10 for tuesday

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Charles, if you come here to savannah let me know in advance if i can help in any way. i am just off of exits 109 and 104 on I95. i am also close to I-16 as well. I have secure parking for fcars ect so they dont have to be left at a dock all day. hilton head is 30 minutes from my house, tybee is about 45 minutes ( traffic!). thanks for all your help on the phone with all my questions. i am on the hunt for a euro carb 308 GTB. depends on how some things at work go. michael

6. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Michael,
    why don't you try to put together the next car show out at Chateau Elan. We would have a lot more room and could schedule a golf outing in the morning with the show in the afternoon.
    ?wonder if they would charge us to hold a show/gathering?

7. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    how about a Saturday drive up to Asheville, touring the Builtmore House, and back?

8. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Charles, Chateau Elan wants at least $3000 up front for us to have a car show there. EEEEKK!

9. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Ashville is a great idea. I am up for fishing too. When is the trip?

10. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    count me in on the golf....at Chateau Elan...never played that course

11. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    surprised no one has jumped on the masters tickets with comments.. I currently have 4 every day if folks want to come caravan down with me.

12. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    are you serious about the master's tickets?

13. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    How does the 20th look for a golf day? Subject to good weather of course.

14. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Whens fishing? What about fishing Lake Lanier or ?. You up for that Charles? I am game for fishing for anything.

15. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Looks like I will be moving to Atlanta and I'm always interested in any events. What about a Sunday brunch once a month?

16. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    If I remember correctly--the waters will not warm up enough for good deep sea fishing until late May--usually is best in late summer up in the Carolinas--

Lake fishing is not my thing though---fishing poles dont fit well in Ferraris. I will be going to Alabama in a few weeks to shoot Turkeys though.

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    They have a "British Motorcar Day" every year; why can't they be persuaded to have an "Italian Motorcar Day" as well, which should cost the participants much less?

I think a day filled with Ferraris, Alfa Romeos, Maseratis, Lamborghinis, etc would be very appealing to the Chateau Elan folks. Does anyone here have any regular dealings with any of their people?

18. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    IMHO, while deep sea fishing and golf are fine outings for guys to get together to do, they are not what should be planned as an FCA Georgia or Atlanta area event. I believe events that a member's significate other will enjoy as well is more appropriate. And, the events should be a little more of the "wine and cheese" caliber than "beer and chips" . I recall when I first started going to FCA events they were all very upscale and members always brought their significate others. Even the track events had nice picnics during the day and semi-formal or at least dressy-causal dinners in the evenings. And, most of the wives would even drive a Ferrari some on the track in the novice class. I remember one of the best events was when we went up to the Hound's Tooth Inn in North Carolina for a weekend rally and concours that included a tour of the Biltmore and the sampling of several restaurants in the area. I believe Larry Benson and Steve Barney planned that one. Another good one was a rally in North Georgia that had several meeting points along the way at mountain vistas and lunch at a nice B&B . I think you will find that if we set up events that wives/girlfriends will be interested in that everyone will have more fun. You may even fine that your wive/girlfriend will even start liking your Ferrari and not complain as much about your addiction and the amount of money you spend on it. That being said, I am going to post another thread inquiring how many would be interested in a couples event such as a rally and a nice meal or maybe even an overnight stay.

19. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Do you mean that some peoples wives/girlfriends actually complain about their addiction to this art which we refer to as FERRARI?

20. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    LOL !

21. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    sorry if I proposed this incorrectly--
    I was not intending for these outings to be "major" events. I like to go golfing on the weekends and love deep-sea fishing.

Just wanted to see if any others out in F-world wanted to come along.

22. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The fellow I'm buying my 328 from is an artist who says he has three great loves in life: his wife, his art, and Ferraris.

Of course, he says his wife always comes first. Smart man......

23. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    My five loves are God, my wife, my family, my career and then my Ferrari.