Massa's Telemetry Data | FerrariChat

Massa's Telemetry Data

Discussion in 'F1' started by Etcetera, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Here's a snapshot of Massa's telemetry data from Australia. Telling isn't it?

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    :) LOL

I was disappointed to see him drive the way he did. I thought he had matured a bit in the year between.

3. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Looks like the work of a kid with a crayon in his hands for the first time, LOL

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    BTW: They got the first name wrong: It is Felipe.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Massa works for the FIA ..he is paid to spice up the show !

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    That's funny!

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    And I thought that was JPM's job.

I can just imagine Bernie and Max debating how to keep things alive this year once the red steam roller goes full throttle.

Drive through penalties for jumping the start, for disobeying the pit lane speed limit, for ignoring yellow flags, disqualification for weight and dimension tolerance abuse, misinterpretation of barge board rules. Tire wear discussions, fuel inconsistencies. Hmm, the FIA does have some weapons at its disposal...

8. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I hear Bernie is going to impose a 10 grid position penalty for any driver that does not bow before him and kiss his ring should they cross paths on a race weekend.

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hehe, actually Bernie is pretty cool with the drivers.

And I am looking forward to the first engine of a big team blowing up in practice/qualifying: It will be so cool see that guy then drive his way through the field in the race. Silverstone 2003...

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes that will be awesome!

Regarding Massa, he simply is not ready for F1. He has ability yes and is sometimes fast ... and IMO needs a season in say F3 to learn how to control the RED mist ;)

Pete

11. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Konrad, that's awesome! After reading the thread title, I was hoping it would be something like that. I read some comments by Mika Hakkinen which were interesting. Regarding Massa and Sato, it was hoped that both drivers, known for being a bit erratic, would have calmed down after a season of testing under their belts. However, what that didn't provide them was the stress of racing conditions, so in a sense there's no reason to believe either of them should have matured much. Let the results speak for themselves.

12. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    Speaking of not ready, how about Zsolt Baumgartner? He was slow as heck in F3000 and is slow as heck in F1. As much as I love Hungary, and Budapest, I am really not sure what business Zsolt has in F1. Wirdheim, and to a much lesser degree Pantano, dominated F3000 last year while Zsolt was slow as molasses. Granted, no one can be very fast in a Minardi it seems.

13. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    I think he is trying too hard, and needs to calm down if he ever wants to drive for Ferrari. He did have a good tussle with Kimi (llmor/mercedes engine troubles not withstanding).

14. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I honestly feel that if Kimi did not start having engine problems he would have gotten up and left Massa once he burned off the extra fuel.

15. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes I think (hope?) you are right. The Saubers were simply slow all weekend, and the funny thing is their motor sounded fncken horrible ... flat and raspy ... not at all like the Ferrari last year (or even like the Ferrari this year).

I think Maximo_Tifoso could be right and he is lifting a weak car, and thus running every lap like a qualifying lap ... and thus small mistake and he is in the wall. It took me a long time in my amature club racing career to learn to make the car do the work and not to kill the car on each lap.

There is only 2 drivers who I believe have ever been able to race at qualifying speeds all race long: Stirling Moss and MS.

Pete

16. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Two more Pete - Jim Clark & Jochen Rindt
    John

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'd add Senna to that elite group. After all he showed once in Monaco what happens, when he is forced to go slow.

18. joeyy

joeyy Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    long island
    Full Name:
    joe

Senna was a master!! when he turned it on he was hard to beat. remember where Mclaren was one year after he left?

19. Ferrari_co_uk

Ferrari_co_uk Karting

Apr 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Langfield
    I think any team would have struggled with the Peugeot lump that Mclaren had that year...

Best
    Mark

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Definitely true. The question is more: Would they have gotten a different engine if Senna had stayed on? What was first, the chicken or the egg...