What's in store for our F1 team this year? | FerrariChat

What's in store for our F1 team this year?

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifosi12, Mar 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    After this dominant start, what do you think is our team going to accomplish this year?

- Schumi's 7th WC title?
    - 1-2 in the driver's championship?
    - Constructor's title?
    - MS ties or beats Senna's pole record?
    - All races won by 1 team?
    - When will the title be clinched?

And if MS actually wins his 7th title, will people finally accept him as the greatest driver of all times in F1? They didn't after the sixth.

What do you think?

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    The 7th is for sure along with the constructor's crown. FORZA FERRARI !!

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I would love to see the most consecutive 1-2's in a row up the point the season is closed. After that I dont care if they stop showing up to races. How awesome would that be to close the season so very early?

4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I say the perfect season 18 races, 18 1-2 finishes. In all reality i doubt that this would happen.

A few things i would like to see this season besides everything that Andreas mentioned, is for rubens to not only finish but to win the brazilian GP.

Forza Ferrari!!!!!!

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Good point. And since the Brazilian GP now is at the end of the season, the team will have the WC by then and I bet MS will let Rubens go by to show him his gratitude for rendered services throughout the season.

6. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Andreas,

How about this MS wins the first 9 races and comes in second for the next 9. And RB does the mirror image 2nd in the first 9 and wins the last 9. they would be tied in points how would they do the tie breaker????

Rob

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    RB would win the championship on a count back, ie. who won the last race.

I believe that is how it would work.

Pete

8. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Pete,

Glad to see that you made it back safely. i am sure you had a great time at the race.

rob

9. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Absolutely :D ... gotta love that sound. The historics were interesting as was the motor show too ... I'll discuss those in the appropriate sections ;)

Pete

10. owsi

owsi Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Matt
    While I too would love to see some Ferrari domination this year, I think it will probably not all be as easy as it seemed in Austrailia. Remember how ordinary Williams looked at the beginning of last year? By mid season they were doing to Ferrari what Ferrari did to them this weekend. I hope, and think, that they can win the drivers and constructors again this year, but it isn't going to be easy. The fact that Shumi is still so excited to win, and still so motivated to do so, does not bode well for the others.

11. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i agree schumi gets his 7th, and all the moaners who argue he didn't deserve the one where he nerfed damon can then shut up and realize that he's the greatest even if they only think he deserves 6 of them.

i don't think it will be a walk in the park either, but schumi will probably also want the record for most poles and he's only 8 away now i think so that will b one of his goals.

rubino will take brazil as long as he doesn't have another stroke of terrible luck.

michael will then actively help ferrari to lure alonso their way and then retire. he may still have the desire and capability to race, but at some point the money is enough, the time spent away from family is enough, and so on. i will rue the day he leaves but he's given us a good run, the best ever.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I believe that is not the case: If tied in points and positions, it goes normally back to who won first. At least that's how they would resolve the same issue in qualifying. So MS would be it.

Totally agree and so hope, that Alonso will take over. IMHO currently the best driver in F1, who is not a WC (yet).

13. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I second that. I would like to see Alonso at the Scuderia.

14. V-10 Nut

V-10 Nut Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Steve
    As pleased as I was with the results of Australia, I think MS would agree it's way too early to predict a world championship. I'm very optimistic after last weekend but the win was on a track that suits Ferrari very well. Temperatures were down on race day (good for Bridgestone) and as mentioned, the F2004 is an evolution of previous sucessful designs. Williams, Mclaren and Renault all have new cars and logic says they will improve as the season progresses. We'll have a pretty good idea after the first 3 or 4 races.

I've been a Ferrari fan since the early 80's but I'm also a Formula 1 fan and don't think a 1-2 finish in every race is necessarily good for the sport. I'd love to see some wheel to wheel combat at the front of the grid instead of determining a champion in mid season.

Forza Ferrari
    Steve
    "an old Tifosi"

15. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Wheel to wheel combat is exciting yes, but last year's nailbiting at the last lap of the last race was not so much because everyone had raised their game to Ferrari's level. The reason the championship went down to the wire was because of an IDIOTIC points system that rewards a 1st place finish with a scant TWO point differential over 2nd place and that is just plain wrong.

MS 6 wins in 2003
    Raikonnen 1 win in 2003
    They are separated by 1 point at the end, seems pretty focked up to me.

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Totally agree.

Like you I have been to the "valley" in the eighties and early nineties. Still I wouldn't want to see just red 1-2 finishes.

17. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thats true, I mean a boring race is just no fun. But I'd still like to see 1-2s all season. First and second arent the only places to look for good battles, there just more exciting most of the time.

FORZA FERRARI.
    P.S. even though I want Ferrari 1-2s the whole season by no means would I be upset if Alonso got in there a few times as well.

18. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The original CanAm went through a period like this, often called the Bruce and Denny show. McLaren was simply faster developing and exploiting ideas than any other team around. Until Porsche came to the party with even more awesome engines and superior aerodynamics, Bruce and Denny had the series by stranglehold. Unfortunately, nobody could match Porsche and the series colapsed under its own weight.

19. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    It is wayyy too early to crown MS and Ferrari champions. Eventhough I throughly enjoyed watching La Scuderia crush everyone else. There are still 17 races and anything can happen.

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    True. We haven't seen the Brigestones in blistering heat, the Williams and Mc Laren might fight back and there is always the risk of a driver injury. Besides I'm just waiting for an engine blow up. We're far from it, but it must have been quite a shock to everybody (probably including Ferrari) to see them so dominant.

21. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    seems like anything is possible with this ferrari "dream team." i'd love to see ms win his 7th and ferrari take the constructors again, but way too early to tell. there are more races this year, and reliability is a huge issue now. i'm actually surprised that mclaren went before williams.

22. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    ye for sure

23. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

24. bmwmpower48

bmwmpower48 Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Josh Kinard
    18 1-2 finishes?

can you say boring?

25. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I agree, I am a diehard tifosi, but I want someone to give Ferrari a run for their money and really make them work for it!

Dave