Good Exhaust for E36 BMW | FerrariChat

Good Exhaust for E36 BMW

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by bmwmpower48, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bmwmpower48

bmwmpower48 Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Josh Kinard
    What is the best exhaust available for a E36 BMW 328is?

2. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    I do not know if there is an actual single best exhaust available for your car, but you have a lot of options. Check out SuperSprint, Remus, UUC, Eisenhaus, Active Autowerke, Borla, etc. They all offer varying tone qualities and looks. You may want to check out some of the 3 series internet communitues such as www.bimmer.org , www.dtmpower.net , etc. Hope this helps.

3. bmwmpower48

bmwmpower48 Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Josh Kinard
    thanks i will have too look into it.

4. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    I used to have a 325is with a Bosal exhaust. Not a lot of people know about this exhaust, but I think it sounds awesome. I got a lot of compliments of the exhaust. It was not much louder that stock, but had a much deeper/throatier sound. I actually still have the exhaust. If you want it PM me, I will sell it for cheap.

5. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    uuc or active autowerke. Go check them out

6. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  7. bmwmpower48

bmwmpower48 Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Josh Kinard
    i have a friend with UUC. It sounds great.

8. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL

This is going to sound redneck and crazy but... what would it sound like with a flowmaster? My room mate has an Accord with a flowmaster and usually I HATE the sound of ricers but his has this incredible throaty growl! Its an awesome sounding car! There's several annoying ricey type cars cruising around and the flowmaster is nothing like that at all! Just another crazy possibility. Good luck! :)

9. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
  10. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    NONE- unless you have a turbo on your car STOCK Piping is BEST! You can change the muffler if you want I did that.

11. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    #11 ATBNM3, Mar 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Are you saying the stock exhaust is the best? If you are you would be completely wrong.
    1. UUC TSE 20lbs vs 45lbs
    2. 5.7hp @TRW gain with 6.4lb-ft tq @TRW. I took these number off the UUC website because they came from an independent source. You can read the article for your self here. http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0301ec_techbmw/index.html
    3. The sound of my exhaust is amazing. It does not drone on the highway but wails when you are on it.
    4. UUC, Rouge Engineering, Advanced Autowerx...etc put extensive engineering in to there products to see real gains, lightweight, sound, and drivability. You don't get that from buying a generic muffler, hacking the old one off and welding the new one on.

Super Sprint vs Stock Nuff Said.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    All I know is when I took it to Apex to get it done they told me that the stock piping is just as good as aftermarket. But to change the muffler. People with other bmw's with exhaust asked me what I had because it sounded so great. And I do not have any dyno runs with just exhaust, but I did many runs against other cars that had exact same mods as I except exhaust and I never loss. And Im talking top end not 1/4 mile runs.

13. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I thought you owned E36 M3?

14. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    If your asking me I did.

15. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

No I was asking bmwmpower, the starter of the thread. I am confused if he has a 328 or a M3