Jaguar to make more XJR15s | FerrariChat

Jaguar to make more XJR15s

Discussion in 'British' started by PSk, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I read this in a magazine and guess it may be true. Personally this is Jaguars best supercar as it looks good, sounds good (thanks to v12) and is closer to the racing beasts that won Le Mans.

Anybody else have any information?

Pete

2. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott

Pete,
    I believe the body molds and tooling were purchased by a private party in the UK. Which means he could provide spares. I can't imagine why Jaguar would consider building new ones. They can be had used for much less than it would cost to build them, and I can't see what the point would be to do so. Some were licensed for the street in Europe but are not very streetable, even by supercar standards. Don Law of Don Law Racing does a lot of service work on XJ220's and racing jags. He has sold the XJR15 but I was dissapointed when he told me they are really no fun at all to drive. Of course I haven't tried one myself.....
    I think they are beautiful cars, and are better looking than the Mclaren F1 which was done by the same designer.

3. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    This should sum up my feelings on the matter! (yep, that's me in an XJR-15, pic croped from my website, sorry for low res :)

I haven't had the pleasure on the road, but just sitting in the car I'd already say the Jag would make a McLaren seem a total *****cat on the street.

I think TVRFreak and I were in agreement though, if we had the means, we'd street them.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Everyone said back then it was one of the ****tiest handling car ever ! Looks great though.