Maser Skyhook (how can u tell) | FerrariChat

Maser Skyhook (how can u tell)

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Davidindallas, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Davidindallas

Davidindallas Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    I'm looking at a car for sale locally. They don't have the original window sticker. How can I tell if it's equipped with Skyhook? Any thoughts welcome. Also I noticed the owners manuals in the trunk appeared to have been wet at some point. I wonder if there was a leak into the glove box? Trunk? Any experience with that issue.

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Original bill of sale would list options. As owner's manual doesn't fit in the glove box that would be a problem with the trunk. If you slam trunk it dosen't close. You have to push it down gently. Great car.

3. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    To be safe you should get one of those Car fax reports on car. I know there was a big problem in my area with cars that came from a flooded part of the Carolina's

4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    If it has Skyhook, you will have a button that says "Sport" in the center console, which will affect speed of shift and stiffness of suspension. Otherwise, it will say "Power", and will only affect gear change speed.

5. Illinoisspyder

Feb 10, 2004

In what way does the "power" button effect the car?

6. Davidindallas

Davidindallas Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
  7. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    Power shortens the time it takes to shift gears, Sport stiffens the suspension and shortens the shift time even more.

8. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Otherwise, it will say "Power", and will only affect gear change speed.