"Bubbles" for your Ferrari | FerrariChat

"Bubbles" for your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by spike308, Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Unfortunately, my garage is a piece of junk. I keep my 308 and my brothers Lotus in it year round. After much renovation work to it, it is better, but alas, still junk.

Biggest problem now is that the floor has many cracks, and when it rains a lot, some of it seeps up, making the floor damp. For a long term storage facility, it obviously stinks from a humidity perspective (both cars are driven regularly). I thought about a pond liner, but my dad talked me out of it, feeling that I would soon have a swamp under the liner, and it would be of no use after some time with all the moisture trapped under it.

I guess the only solution now is the infamous bubble. I want to keep the cars dry. A garage rebuild is a few years away, as $$ permits. I'd rather spend the 30K it will cost me on my half of a boxer that my brother and I plan to together in the future.

Anyone use these things (bubble)?
    Are they easy to get in and out of?
    I drive my 308 on a regular basis from spring-fall. Does this seem like a viable option (the bubble)?

thoughts are appreciated.

2. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Chop a little around the cracks in the garage with a hammer and chisel (to make them a little wider) and patch them with concrete - use more concrete in the concrete/sand mixture than generally recommended.

This should take you a short afternoon of work and less than $50 for any and all necessary materials and tools. When its all done, you can paint the floor and no one will ever know there are patches. Viola', a born again garage for your cars. You might also want to invest in a dehumidifier.

MUCH better option than a bubble.

David

3. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Why don't you try a dehumidifier? That would dry things up quicker and save you some $$$.