Tubi Exhaust | FerrariChat

Tubi Exhaust

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by tsang85, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tsang85

tsang85 Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Vancouver
    Does anybody think that the tubi exhaust on 360 spider is necessary. I've heard from some people that it is too loud. what do you guys think? is it worth the money? does it make everything that much better?

2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    "Better" is a very relative term. "Different" for sure. Is it necessary? Of course not. You should listen to a 360 w/ the TUBI & w/o & decide for yourself if it is worth it. I personally think that some type of aftermarket exhaust is money well spent.

3. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    The Tubi on my 360 coupe (installed 03/2003) is the best thing I've done on a car. I can't imagine a Spyder and Coupe being drastically different in sound. You will never look back after the install, just remember it's all in how you drive it.

4. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i put a tubi on my spider....it is diffently louder and throater with more of a roar....i felt the regular exhaust was almost to tame for a ferrari...however the regular system can almost be quiet at lower revs and on the highway which some people prefer.....for me, a ferrari is about the sounds and the feel ....i love the roar of my car..even a t 3k rpm y ou get a great sound whereas with the stock systme you need to go to 6-7k rpms....i feel like m schmaucher even at lower speeds... i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    While at the factory for 360 technical training we were told that the muffler was designed to meet Swiss noise limits. The instructor felt that it would be too tame for the rest of the world.
    Dave

6. mbarr

mbarr Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2004
    Texas
    Does Ferrari sell enough cars to the Swiss to justify that?

7. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I have Borla on my 512TR and many people have suggested I should replace it w/ Tubi.... What is the difference b/w Tubi vs. Borla, in term of sound, performance, price ect...? Can someone help explain the distinction?

8. raygr

raygr Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Ray
    You might be interested in this thread, in which I enabled the exhaust by-pass all the time on my 360 spider.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8543

9. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

The tubi exhaust makes a wonderful sounding car just that much better sounding...get it :)

10. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Its worth the money, its better and its way too loud. That's why you want to do it.

11. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Jerry is correct. "Better" is a relative. Everyone has their own perception of how the exhaust sounds once it is altered by the addition of a Tubi. A Tubi definately changes the exhaust note to be more reminiscent of a race car. To some (myself included) the Tubi by itself was not even enough to satisfy my desire for that "F-1" high pitched exhaust note. Therefore, I opted to go one step further and add the Tubi "test pipes" as well. NOW the car sounds like it should. Some may consider it too loud and too noisy. To me it is music to my ears!

12. tsang85

tsang85 Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Vancouver
    what are Tubi "test pipes"?

When i heard the 360 w/o the tubi, it sounded fantastic....i cant imagine how a tubi would sound....and i have nowhere to hear it

The car is actually ordered from ferrari of ontario, as i live in vancouver now..as some of you may have heard, the ferrari dealer was taken away here, so that is the only way to go.

any other exhausts that sound better...besides tubi?
    not necessarily just play "loud", but rich sounding?

13. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    I wouldnt think so, but that was what they told us in class. I know when they set out (pre production) the intension was to build a "world car" to stream line production and keep the changes required for different delivery areas to a minimum.

The Borla is a bit harsh and raspy for my taste. I think the Tubi is still the best sound available. I installed a Fuchs awhile back for a customer and it too was very harsh. Not the wonderful mellow tone the Tubi has. The test pipes with a Tubi on a 360 will raise the hair on your neck when you hear it comming down the road. I could count the shifts of one customer who's office was about 10 blocks away from my old shop. NO WHERE TO HIDE!
    Dave

14. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Dave have to say im not keen on a tubi for a 360 in the same way as I am on a 355- anyway thats just me!

I wondered have you had experience of keonig?? what about those? or capristo?

regards

15. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I've heard both Tubi and Capristo, and Capristo is the better sound for me.

Gary

16. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Au contraire, videos of 360's, 355, 348 and other Ferrari's with tubi's can be found at http://www.scuderiasystems.com/M-Media.htm.

Hope this helps with decision to get Tubi. I got one for my 360 spider from Scuderia Systems and love it!!

Izza