FOC stuff arrives... | FerrariChat

FOC stuff arrives...

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Tod328gts, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    OK Guys,

I got my membership stuff now, i'm member # 7668. WOW, sure got a lot of nice stuff from FOC, a nice hard bound directory, some decals, a patch, a name plate....

Andreas, were you going to start up a Chicago area FOC ??

2. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I posted a thread awhile ago, and people seemed to poo-poo the FOC. I joined FCA, which seems to have a pretty good following. Why FOC?

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    FOC is still in the making, but it is coming along. It will not compete against FCA as it is for drives only. Once we get closer to it, will keep you posted.

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    FCA is great here, but doesn't really do any drives. FOC is all about driving and doesn't do any concours. So they are somewhat complimentary. I'm a member of both and have no intention of changing that. FOC was poopooed here because it doesn't do much, but hopefully we're changing that soon.

5. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Well, i belong to both now, FCA and FOC.. So, over the next few years i will make more of a descision myself on each of the clubs, as for right now, i'm just in it for the fun and drives and events and what ever else goes on... :) I was just impressed by the more and better stuff i got from FOC as compaired to the stuff i got from FCA.....

Well, but i did save about $600 on my major service for being a FCA member... :)

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I have both name tags in my car. So I'm always prepared in "the right colors"...

You could send FOC HQ a picture of you and your car. I think this year they will come out with a new release of the owner's registry, basically a "who's who" kinda thing. Also a great place for s/n research. I found a bunch of GTO owners that way.

7. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Well, but i did save about $600 on my major service for being a FCA member... :)[/QUOTE]

Discounts on service for being a member? Can I have details please? Just to plug a Maser or 575 in the computer for testing, it costs something like $150 to $300. I found this out after the Maser kept having the check engine light pop on the first few hundred miles I had it. Turned out that the gas cap was never screwed on all the way. That in itself was a pain because fully closed the Maser's gas cap was more difficult to unlatch than most lock boxes and vaults in Vegas.

RocketBoy

8. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    So... you whip out your FCA card at, say LFSC, and they give you a discount???

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    As a FCA member you get a 10% discount for your major service at Continental. Don't know whether it applies to LFSC and to regular maintenance jobs.

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The Motto of the FOC is...."We DRIVE"......and,WE,DRIVE!!!!!!!