SOME TINT PICS BEFORE AND AFTER | FerrariChat

SOME TINT PICS BEFORE AND AFTER

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Buttuz4eva, Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    #1 Buttuz4eva, Mar 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Take it off...it looks better without the tint. When I first bought my ex-328 which was black on black it too had the druggy dark window tint. I had it removed within 3 days of taking delivery. Whats the deal anyway, are you ashamed to be seen driving the thing ? Just my opinion, don't be mad or anything.

3. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I think it looks great. The 360 needs to look a little more mean.

4. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    #4 Buttuz4eva, Mar 9, 2004
  5. joopjoldersma

joopjoldersma Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Joop Joldersma
    Looks really mean.

Joop

6. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    With the wheels it's too much. As far as the Tint... I could take it or leave it. Not much you can do to improve the perfection that a 360 embodies.

7. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Looks good to me!

8. Steve_nero

Steve_nero Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I think it looks great and very mean. You have lost the red brake callipers in the Photoshop picture, they will look fantastic against the black wheels - go for it!

Actually, yellow callipers would look cool too.

9. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    No not ashamed at all I just got the car for me and my wifes privacy thats all, plus I am not a people person so I would rather them not be able to see if I am not looking back at them , so I dont affend them and now they want to follow me home or something along those lines. Further more my wife takes the car sometimes and I would rather people not to know who she is or how there are alot of wacko jackos out there.

Does that make any sense or am I being paranoid?

10. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    It's your car. Do whatever makes you happy. Personalizing one's vehicle is as old as the car itself. If they weren't meant to be personalized, we'd all still be driving black cars like the model T. Enjoy it! Who cares what others think.

11. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Its not being paranoid... its been safe. Good work.

I like the tints. Nice car! :)

12. prova

prova Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Gonzo
    MAD MAX :)

13. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Bradley, i wouldn't go with the black rims but if you want to change get the modular rims. they look great IMHO. what part of long island are you?

14. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Come on now...do people who really want to travel incognito buy Ferraris ? I've even seen Hollywood stars at concour events driving their cars with no window tint. If you want a fast car that people won't notice you in as much, try an M5, AMG or even the new Maserati Quartroporte. Unless you are in Monte Carlo, you will be noticed in a Ferrari, window tint or not. With the window tint you will just have people come up to your car while parked and get finger prints on the glass trying to look in.

15. Nationaltec

Nationaltec Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    North County
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Guys,

It's for his wifes privacy dammit. It's a smart move living on Long Island. !! When she shops in the Hampton's or parks at the ferry for Fire Island, I'm sure she'll put her window down so everyone can see.!!

Anyhow, I think the 35% tint looks just about right on your car. Make sure you get those windows down before the cop approaches the car though. It's so rare on L.I that the cops wont realize it's not stock.. (Dont admit it was tinted )

I gotta say NO on the black wheels though... sorry it's a little too much..!

Hey, L.I is still my second favorite place too live !!
    X-Lindenhurst now San Diego
    Patrick

16. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    #16 Buttuz4eva, Mar 9, 2004
    your right I did a quick touch not very good but you can get the idea looks amazing.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Is it that important to see that you're behind the wheel of a Ferrari?

I've also seen Hollywood stars drive cars with tint.

But he wants a Ferrari...and he has one.

What are you implying with the Monte Carlo and "druggy" comment earlier?

You get that anyway. At least you guys don't have people lightly knock on your cars as if they were trying to figure out what it was made of.

Seems some of you have a preconceived notion about who has window tint on their cars. I've said why I've liked tint before and that includes safety, preserving interior including leather, privacy and downright sun block.

I think it's his car and if he wants to tint, let him tint instead of trying to persuade him to do otherwise. Besides, it's not permanent and if he ever changes his mind then all he has to do is peel it off.

18. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    It's your car do with it what makes you happy--
    For me, I would take the tint back off.

19. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    The sad thing to say is I find more and more people and stars getting ferrari lambos aston martins and bentley ect... for status reasons I always had a dream since I was little to one day own such beautiful cars. That day has come and I know the car is a attraction but if I don't want people to see me or my wife in the car so we wont be burdened at every stop light I think it is the smartest move you can make. To protect yourself and be able to not have to be social if I choose not to be.
    The other thing is in L.A and Miami you see these cars every where you look so the public are used to seeing those cars but in Long Island and NYC you never see them year i saw 5 ferraris in long island thats it I saw 5 ferraris in one day in L.A. and my friend called me when he was in miami and said he saw 3 in like 1 hour. My point is long Island People are not used to seeing these cars all the time and the fact is people will do some crazy **** just to get your attention so I choose to tint the windows big deal sorry I am not the guy that buys the car so he can see thumbs up everywere he goes to re assure that he made the right choice in the car he bought!
    Besides MAN IT LOOKS MEAN!!!!!!!

P.S. sorry about the spelling never was a good speller?

20. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    How about a shot from the rear 1/4 showing the side windows and the rear window in the same shot (I am assuming you did not tint the engine cover)?? That's always been my worry on tinting a 360.

For me, tint is not about hiding... its about keeping the Texas sun out. However, I won't uglify my sportscar to accomplish it...

In your case, from the angles you've shown, I don't think its uglier or prettier... so, if you live where the sun is hot, I'd go with the tint. But I am curious what it looks like from the rear left or rear right.

As for hiding your wife, I don't consider that too much of an issue... its on exit or entry that your wife is in danger, and the tint won't help much there. The large windshield will not be tinted, so her identity will not be hidden from perps.

I personally would skip the black wheels... but as long as they have some silver on them (like the Photochop), I think its okay. All black looks bad, IMO.

21. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    If you just want solar and UV protection, you can buy a clear window film that keeps out solar heat and UV rays. So you get the protection without the hideous look of a druggy

22. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    o.K. I sometimes feel that this forum likes to argue I posted these pics to show people that i tinted the 360 I did a search before posting this and only came up with 2 pics one silver 360 and one black 550 both beautiful looking stalions in my eyes so I decided to show a black 360 so maby there is some one out there that is unsure about tinting there black 360 so i gave them refference on the matter I love it and wouldn't change it if everyone on the forum posted it sucks. To all in favor of the tint thanks To all in favor of my view on why I tinted THANKS and to all that dont like it good for you its not for you.

23. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    I live on Long Island as well and I would tend to agree with you. I like the tint and think it looks good. Did you tint the rear window as well? On a side note though I did spot a very nice black 550 westbound near the Shinnecock Hills golf course on sunday.

24. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    No i did not tint the back i just love that you can see the engine and buy the way i live in nassau

25. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Bradley,

Nice car. As long as you happy with the result that is all that matters. :) I tinted my car to match the black roof, and took a lot of heat from the purists on another board. Then again it is not a Ferrari. Anyways, I did it to help the AC on 110degree summer days.

Whatever your reason, enjoy the car in good health.

I have some family I visit in Woodmear/Valley Stream area in Long Island once a year, will keep an eye out for your beauty. :)