So how easy would it be to install a Ferrari OEM Subwoofer in my 360? | FerrariChat

So how easy would it be to install a Ferrari OEM Subwoofer in my 360?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Lope, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lope

Lope Rookie

Nov 12, 2003
    Alta Loma, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Do 360's without the upgraded stereo option have the necessary connections to install any sort of subwoofer against the back wall or would it involve some kind of serious work? Pictures of installs, suggestions, or guidance would all be greatly appreciated.

2. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    #2 titanium360, Mar 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    #3 titanium360, Mar 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Lope

Lope Rookie

Nov 12, 2003
    Alta Loma, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff

Nice setup!

If anyone else has more pics or advice that would be great 8)

5. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Although I consider the HI FI option worth getting, the subwoofer itself actually ads very little to sound and if possible, I would not add it. It also takes up a bunch of space. It is nicely done however. The door speakers alone are good enough to make it happen. However, massive after market power could make the factory subwoofer pop more.

6. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I always thought the Ferrari subwoofer of choice was a TUBI.

7. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    LOL!

8. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    You would have to run the wires, and I'm sure it would be far more expensive than having a box built. Also from what I was told the hifi system uses a different amp with a sub output, so you would have get an amp, might even be more involved, as do not think the becker unit has a sub control on it. I changed the head unit, door speakers (if you have a spider without a sub they do not do much) and had a custom sub box built. For me storage space is not an issue. Dont get me wrong I love the sound of my GHL exhaust, but still want to hear tunes every once and a while.

9. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I think you got that wrong dude, ofcourse it adds to the sound of any hi fi thats how you get your low sounds and the low down gut fealing. I have two 8s in my 355 and life would not be the same without them. And yes i am a bass head and i am sure if you was to expereance a decent system you would agree subs rule (when fitted correctly).

10. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Hi Carnut & chaa,

I have a question for you guys if you don't mind...

First, a brief summary...
    When I bought my 355 a few years ago, it came with a McCintosh amp, which eventually malfunctioned bcz of these lousy Michigan roads. I had it taken out and replaced with a much cheaper Kicker until I had the MC fixed. I never ended up putting the MC back in the 355 after it was fixed, so I still have it sitting in my house. The 360 Spider I'm expecting in a few months will be equipped with the factory upgraded sub. I'd like to have this Mc amp installed in the trunk to compliment the sub.

My question is, how complicated of a process is it? Being very finicky about who touches my car, I don't want somebody getting inside of it, taking things off, moving things around, drilling holes, etc... But if it's a relatively easy process to install a single amp and nothing else, I'll have it done. Any suggestions or recommendations? Perhaps what to do or avoid having done?

Thanks in advance.

11. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    This information is based on what I was told so I can not say for sure how true it is, but it does make sense. When you order the Hifi upgrade the speakers in the doors are the same, you simply get a higher powered amp that has the sub outputs and the crossovers built in. If this is true than using you amp bridged to mono, you would still need a crossover, and some sort of separate volume control if you wanted to control the volume of the sub as a separate unit. I would say you better find a shop that knows these cars, my car stereo guys are right up the street from my dealer and work on these cars all the time.