Any one have any experience with service at Mercedes Benz White Plains? | FerrariChat

Any one have any experience with service at Mercedes Benz White Plains?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TC (Houston), Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    Does anyone have any experience with the service department at Mercedes Benz White Plains?

I have a friend considering buying a car from out of state, but he's worried that he will get sub-par service and maintenance from the local dealer if he does so. He has had similar experience with a BMW dealer for this very reason.

2. Ronin

Ronin Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    White Plains no, Greenwich yes. Its not to far from White Plains and they did a pretty good job. always had a loaner car but you have to book the appoinment about a week in advance. I had a noise coming from the front strut area but the techs couldn't reproduce it so the head tech actually took a 2 mile ride with me so i could reproduce the noise at a spot I knew would cause it

3. TC (Houston)

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    Thanks! Did you purchase the car from them Greenwich?

4. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    They suck. I had ordered thru another dealer out of state, and had delivered, an (at the time new) C320 Sport which went all glitchy softwarewise. The headlights and dashboard lights went out, so did the climate control (it was winter and cold here) and the windows were stuck in a down position. Used the SOS function to clear delivery of car to White Plains (not far from where i lived) and demanded a loaner, since our car was but a week old. White Plains spent two weeks ****ing around, and still couldn't figure it out. I *****ed so much i finally got an MB engineer on the phone from the Fatherland, who admitted that the cars were shipped with a software bug; the fix was in the key, which was in short supply. Meanwhile, back at White Plains Mercedes, no follow-up, no calls to me about status, they could have cared less. I called the dealer i got the car from and told them to pick up the car in White Plains and that i was tearing up the lease. When they told me i couldn't do that, that i was legally obliged, i told them they knew my address and that a lawsuit was going to be fun. Needless to say, they scrambled at the last minute to put me into a CL at wholesale, but i bought a 740i Sport instead.

5. Ronin

Ronin Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    No, I picked it up from Goldens Bridge, NY then used Greenwich service since I work and live in CT

6. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I cant speak for the dealer, but my mother knows someone who bought an E320 4 matic (or maybe an e430, i dont remember). It had had kinds of drivetrain problems and eventually the dealer bought it back from them. Again, this is not the dealers fault. As for MB of WP, i dont even know where that one is. Servicve at most of the dealerships in greenwhich is good, at least from all the cars i've taken there for service since i started driveing (acura and audi). I think sales tax might be a little higher in CT.

7. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    STAY AWAY! I was on a trip with my 6 mon Pregnant wife and my 1 year old. The ML320 started having tranny issues. Went to them, since they were the closest to where we were, had to hunt the service manager down to ask/beg him to tell me what to do. His arrogance was so unbelievable! Without even seeing the car, he told me I needed a new tranny, transfer case and rear end. I told him where to go and proceeded to Greenwich. They couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. All I ended up needing was a new valve body. stay away from WP.
    David

8. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    hmmm, consensus seems to be to "stay away!!"

9. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    If its any indication, i think they used to be called "Pe(e)Pe(e)" Motors. Not kidding.

10. TC (Houston)

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    Somebody sent me a pm referring to it as that. I thought maybe it was a typo of some sort.

So, can anyone ball park for me how far away the Greenwich dealer is from the White Plains dealer?

Thanks for all the help everyone!

11. Ronin

Ronin Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    11 miles give or take...not too bad

12. TC (Houston)

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    Oh, that's not bad at all.