Ferrari touch-up paint | FerrariChat

Ferrari touch-up paint

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Gary(SF), Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Being new to Ferrari I learn something new almost every day. Just got a small stone chip on my 360 (R side mirror) and called FoSF parts to see if they had TDF in stock or if it had to be ordered. Guess what? Well, if you're an old hand, you already know, Ferrari doesn't sell touch-up paint! They have got to be the only manufacturer you can say that of. So what does everyone do for the nicks? I've seen the Langka blob-smoother stuff recommended by Ferrari owners, so I know there must be a source for paint out there somewhere.

Gary

2. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Gary -

I believe they do sell it, but are out of stock. Ran into the same problem last year. They use air freight and paint, tecnically, as a haz mat - so they wait until all the US dealers have a large enough order collectively and ship it ocean.

You can try Shelton (954) 493-5211 or have some mixed by any quality shop. Don't now about 360, but on 355 the paint is either Glasurit or PPG and you should have the number on a decal inside the engine bay.

Down the road you will have to have a need to repaint your front spoiler from the nicks, when the time comes ask them to mix some extra in a small jar for touch up...that's what I did.

If Shelton is out and you do not have the time to have some mixed, do a search under Touch Up paint. I recall a post with a web site that claims to have Ferrari colors.

3. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I have a red 360 and I had a local paint shop make it up by computer using the paint code on the car. It matches exactly and only cost me $15.00. Beats going all over looking for it.

4. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    They were quite clear they don't sell touch-up paint. Maybe other dealers choose to, but FoSF doesn't. Thanks for the tips, I can see there are other options.

Gary

5. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

I've used paint from www.paintscratch.com . And I was told that Ferrari doesn't sell touch up paint (by my dealer).

6. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    i think ryan is correct. i have always gotten a bottle of touch up paint w/ each fcar i've purchased but i dont think it's "official" from ferrari. however, it is mixed at the ferrari dealer's body shop and obviously matches perfectly. maybe it partially depends on how extensive the fcar dealer's particular body shop is????

7. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Kenneth is spot on...
    Any pro paint shop worth their salt can computer match your paint.

8. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I called an independant guy here and he just gave me the exact match in a baby jar. Maybe contact a local F body shop and see if he's got any.

9. ART360

ART360 Guest

Call Lenny at California Auto Repair in Oakland. He does a lot of work on Ferraris and probably has the paint already mixed.

Art

10. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Sherp is correct - the way to go is paintscratch.com - they have already blended every ferrari color - all you do is tell them the color match on your F-Car (on the little tag on the hood or boot). You can order various paint amounts depending on what you are doing - the paint I ordered matched perfectly.. Make sure you order the Base and Clear coat - if it is more than a minor little chip. For the Bumpers and more flexible areas have them add Flex into it - for more durability on the flexible spots.

They also sell a 1oz bottle in a pen applicator - very handy for the little nicks such as rock chips, etc. I recommend this for the light duty stuff.

Just my 2 cents...

11. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    My touch-up paint came from Ferrari of Washington's Parts Dept. complete with, as I recall, an official-looking "Ferrari" printed on the side of the usual little glass bottle. I've always assumed it was supplied to them through the usual FNA route.

12. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Maybe it's up to each dealer to decide if they want to sell touch-up paint. FoSF has decided not to.

Gary