612 - Design | FerrariChat

612 - Design

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Robbo, Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    At the risk of sounding extremely unpopular, but the new 'slab sided' designed 612 does not seem to be in the same league as the sublime 456. I have seen a few side angle shots, and it would appear thet Chris Bangle has been doing some work on the weekend. Couple this with the 'tiny' front lights, large 'gaps' in the wheel arches and the rear end that seems to resemble more the renault 20v coupe than the beautiful 456 ( ferraristi.net), and there would appear to be a missed opportunity. Apparantly, at the unveiling in Detroit barely a clap was heard, and there was a hushed rumble of dissapointment from the gathered jounalists. I can why.

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  3. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    I have to agree,

Look at this picture (courtesy of the Pistonheads site)

http://www.pistonheads.com/uploads/news/8111-5.jpg

From the front it has a big moronic grin, the eyes look like lights, in fact it would not look out of place as Graham the GT, as owned by Bob the Builder! LOL!

Stig

4. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I hated it to start with, but I am starting to warm to it; I think it'll be a 'grower', esp in the right colour (darkish metallic?) Both the 360 and the 550 looked odd to me to start with, now I love them.

The 456 on the other hand looked stunning from the outset, this is true.

I hope the 612 Spaghetti enjoys a similar depreciation curve from new as the 456, as I quite fance a 200mph 4 seater...!

Robert