'Idol' reject Hung gets record deal | FerrariChat

'Idol' reject Hung gets record deal

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by need4speed, Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thats insane.

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yeah I heard he got like 25K cash or something like that. I am SO sick of this kid. To me he seems to have down syndrome or something. I see him for lunch and dinner every single day, and I have no idea why people fuss over him. What an idiot.!

/rantover

3. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Never heard of this guy. Does someone have a link to his singing? How bad is he?

4. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Sherpa,

consider yourself lucky! Wish I was in your shoes

5. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    You'd be surprised how many people might buy that just to get a laugh out of it.I guess he'll make something out of it.Of course doing all those covers is probably going to be pricey with royalties.

6. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I overhead him about a week ago, saying he got a 25K check for it.

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    William is the man! :)

Check out the videos on his site. The original audition is the funniest thing I have ever seen - Then the Jimmy Fallon SNL version is great.

http://williamhung.net/

"I have no professional training. I already gave my best, I have no regrets."

They asked him last week how he is doing in engineering at college. He said he is struggling with it like everything else in his life. lmao He rules.

This keeps me entertained for hours :

http://williamhung.net/flash/willy_hung.cfm

8. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    I assume you go to berkely, how did he get in there? Is he smart? Maybe he is one of those eccentric types. He seems a bit "slow" to me too, but then one of my friends compared him to a shy kid genius in my class and what it would be like if he got up and sang, and I guess I can sort of relate.

I think the whole thing is funny but I could imagine getting annoyed if you have to be around him every day.

9. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    The shake your bon bon on Ellen Degeneres is funnier than the original "she bangs."

Do you think he knows that he's popular because people are making fun of him? I feel bad for him....

10. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Jerry, I am a nice guy, so if you ever make the 4.5 hour drive north, I will personally set it up so that you could meet him, have lunch/dinner with him, take some pics, and then get an autograph. :D Just let me know.

You are correct in your assumption. I do go to UC Berkeley, double major, Haas business and Legal Studies.

As far as how he got in. Well I do not know if he is smart or dumb, or a genius. I am not friends with him. However, we all live in the same dorm, so it is hard to miss him. ALso we all eat lunch/dinner at the same cafeteria. Also he usually wears super bright shirts..yellow and orange, and usually sticks out. However, not everyone that goes here is smart, sadly. Transfer students get in with the lowest of scores! My roommate has a 600 Sat score, served 2 years in prison, and a GED. If you have a SOB story you can get in, and I think its BS!

It is annoying, because now my pop ups on Yahoo are of him. Sigh.

Initially I thought that he thought he was really good and people liked him. HOwever kids our age are brutal, and I am sure people have told him he is terrible, and now he is just cashing in on his lack of talent.

11. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yep, only in America will a recording company throw money at a talentless student. A fool and their money soon part.

12. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I was expecting to hear that Vanilla Ice signed him on.

13. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I disagree that it was "foolish" to give him money. If I am the record company, I think this is the best deal of the century. Look at this way, William Hung is a household name everywhere. I heard he is the most "searched" name on yahoo. Plus on every car board and what not people are talking about him. Poor people, rich people, fat people, stupid people, working people. The record company will get LOTS of press and marketing of their name through Mr. Hung. So I think the 25K they paid him, is a total bargain.

Thats just me.

14. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    " Officer, I'm sorry for going 145 in a 55 in this new 360 I just bought with all the money I made because I can't sing...I have no personal training and I have no regrets....Where's my check?"

15. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Okay, I just watched those videos and all I can say is WTF! How about that judge hiding his face behind the paper because he was laughing so hard? That guy is terrible.

16. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    I'm a huge William Hung fan... I actually made the very first donation to williamhung.net. He's got charisma, humility, and he's not -that- bad.

The most amazing thing that I've seen is that in his initial American Idol audition, he was actually RIGHT ON with the pitch/notes/timing. I made the mp3 of his voice over the karaoke version and was stunned. That's a very difficult thing to do.

I'm buying the CD. :)

Shake your bon bon was fantastic. He's got moves, man...

17. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Mike--no comment, though jokes about New Jersey abound in my head ;) :D

Sherpa--thank you.

Peter--I don't think he has the class to drive a 360. If you see him in person ( I know judging a book by its cover), this guy would be lucky to drive a honda accord.

18. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Dont be mad at him Lafun2, feel sorry for him. The reason hes getting all this attention is because he sucks and made a total ass of himself on national TV. People are gibing him attention becuase they think its a joke. They like to laugh at him. IMO i would rather not get that much attention for my attrocious singing skills.

19. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Lol not mad at him, just annoyed. I like to walk to class under clear blue skies wearing sandals at a leisurely pace. I do not like when extra and other tv shows with thier news van impede my day ;)

The other day we had to wait in line for 15 minutes to get chicken, while Mr. Hung was being videotaped by one of those TV magazine programs, who wanted to see what he eats everyday. < ROLLEYES >

20. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    There were far worse singers than him though.I only watch AI for the first few episodes to see all the people who can't sing.Ironically I have no interest in seeing the people that make it really.

21. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino

Now why do you have to bring NJ into this conversation? That's low man. LOL! :)

22. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    #23 MikeZ_NJ, Mar 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Oh my god. Who the hell made that? What were they thinking? This state stinks on ice!

24. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I HAD to hit below the belt, cuz he likes william hung. :D