How has Ferrari impacted on Italian design? | FerrariChat

How has Ferrari impacted on Italian design?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ferrarigal, Nov 16, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarigal

ferrarigal Rookie

Nov 16, 2003
    Hey guys,

Im new here.

Just a quick question I want to ask you.

How, do you think, Ferrari has impacted on Italian design?

Thanks guys

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Ferrari builds engines & chassis, they hire designers to do the body & interior of the cars. These days its almost exclusively Pininfarina which is of course an Italian Company. Some of the most beautiful Ferraris were designed by Drogo back in the 60s like the 250GTO & the 330 P4.

As for how they have impacted Italian design, I think its the other way around. Italy has been a civilized country for the better part of 3,000 years and all that culture has coalesced into beautiful designs in a more pure way than any other country

3. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    But didnt Drogo design that hideous station wagon beack in the 60's? Ugliest road going vehicle ever...

4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    All of the Drogo cars I have seen (a few up close in person) are just hideous. Its ironic that hte most beautiful cars in the world (opinion) are Ferraris and that the few ugliest cars in the world are (almost fact if regarding Drogo) Ferraris as well :)

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Pininfarina struck out several times too. When Drogo was good he was incredibly fantastically good. Like Beethoven or Michelangelo. The 250 GTO & 330 P4, both Drogo designs are 2 of the finest looking cars ever made

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry