Anyone Know Why This 360 Isn't Selling | FerrariChat

Anyone Know Why This 360 Isn't Selling

Discussion in '360/430' started by ghost, Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Here is the eBay link for a 1999 Gaillo Yellow 360 Coupe. I just ask because the car has been up for sale/auction for over a couple of months, and other than being a Euro, seems to be in great shape. It's also on FerrariAds.com. Euro issues? 360 issues? Toy Store issues?

No affiliation whatsoever. Just curious.

2. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    I'd say price.

3. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Because they are the worst people to deal with. They lie about everything. I wouldn't be surprised if that car is a lemon or maybe even wrecked before. Sometimes dealers like this gets it and fixes it and it never shows in the carfax report. Texas toys don't even have a showroom they only sell over the internet and they really don't want you to pick the car up yourself. (I've heard of case agains them where they bribed the guy a buyer send to check the car out). If you do they charge a pick up fee of $350.00 and when you get there the car they say is in exellent condition has the check engine light on they don't even refund this money to you. This people are famous for that. I've had a very bad experience with them. Then I found out about few other people who had really bad experiences with them. I would say BEWARE of this people.

4. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Agreed. I don't think fair market value for a US model '99 with 15k miles is much more than $123k, therefore a Euro model certainly isn't gonna sell for what a US model would be worth with the same numbers. If he drops the price to about $110-115k, he'll probably find a buyer.

5. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Ouch! Sorry to hear about your troubles with them. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I found this board for if nothing more than just a great firsthand resource next time I'm considering an aftermarket car. I can always ask on here and probably get plenty of thumbs ups or thumbs downs.

6. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Maybe because of the aftermarket components like the stereo. Most people would probably want it stock.

7. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    The car has absolutley no options on it and has 15K miles which is high . he won't get the number he is looking for.

8. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Wowzers! :eek: :eek: Good to know. Curious to know how they got such a high rating, though, with multiple sales. I think I saw a thread some time ago indicating that there were two or there stores with similar names (one of which were complete and utter crooks), and I'm wondering if these guys are the crooks, or whether they have fallen victim to the name game. You absolutely sure that these guys are the guys you dealt with madturk??

As for naysayers on price, keep in mind that the quoted price is an "ask." I'm sure there is probably $7 - $10 worth of discount available on this, especially as the car has been sitting for some time. Wouldn't it be a good deal then?

Again, curiosity continues to get the better of me.

9. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    These people crooks. BEWARE

10. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    ACK! Who did that stereo amp install in the trunk??? They did a BUTCHER job!!!!!

NEEEE NEEEEEEE RUN AWAY!!!!!

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven "we are the men who say NEEEE" Rochlin

11. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    The reason this car is so expencive, he had to cover up his expences for the abay ad. LOL
    Thats one loooong ad.

Paul
    www.SuperCarCrash.com

12. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

I take STRONG exception to everything in this post. I posted the car on FerrariAds personally as a favor for the dealer/owner.

I rode in this very 360 today, and do so at least once a week. It is the owner of the dealership's personal car. The owner of the dealership is a personal friend of mine, and he is about the furthest thing from a crook that I can think of. I could put a stack of $100 bills on the table and walk away for 10 years and every bill would be there when I returned if this guy was watching them.

What you are saying is untrue, libelous, and likely hearsey anyway. It is really pathetic that grown adults are catty and immature enough to say mean things about people that they have never met or done business with.

The only thing "wrong" with this car is that it is a euro, but was registered in FL to the first owner and in TX for the current owner. The car runs and drives perfectly and the interior/exterior is FLAWLESS with the exception of some scratches on the shift knob.

Don't buy the car. It's not like you're doing anyone a favor by buying it, he doesn't NEED to sell it. Just don't say stupid, cowardly things about people that you do not know and have not met.

People will hate you for it.

Sincerely,

Nick

13. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Ok, away from the subject of who did what to who when...

It's too expensive. $123k for that car is just too high -- I just purchased a Euro 2000 360 (newer), F1 (premium) with 12k miles (less mileage) and all the options (red calipers, challenge grill, tubi) for $115k, and even I paid a tad too much.

While shopping around, I was offered basically this car (same mileage/options, but in Red w/ F1) for $125k -- and that was a US Car.

This is a $105k - $110k car, max...

14. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    A Ferrari dealer which services my cars told me that they can sell me a '99 U.S.A. model 360 six speed with 10,000 miles for $120,000 in mint condition and surely one that wasn't tracked.

Another thing is when is this stupidity of a 4 year old Ferrari with 15,000 miles is a high mileage car, now if it was a Porsche or something else people would be like "wow its that all?" Ferrari are built by people for people that like driving fast and this takes some balls or is it that non latin men are lacking the "coglioni" "cojones" "balls"? Grow up and drive the hell out of them thats why you pay the big bucks for, if not just visit the showrooms and daydream.

15. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    well said!!!!

16. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Wow, you piss a customer off and the word gets around. I don't know what happened but man I'd really do my homework before buying this overpriced Euro. It's a small world and getting smaller with the internet. Maybe one day these guys will catch on.

17. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I am saying it again these guys are crooks run away. They lie to people and then say things like no no no this guy who owns the dealership is my friend and don't say bad things about my good crooked friend. If you or your friens has a problem with this I am here in Atlanta you crooked a$$holes come on down. You should have thought about this before you do crooked things.
    BEWARE people and run away from these guys.

18. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    They've blatently lied in the advert... says '15000' miles but the speedo clearly reads '13***' miles....

19. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Careful what you wish for. Only a fool would say something like that to someone he doesn't know.

I refuse to defend a person of high calibur to someone who is an obvious philistine. It's like a ref indulging a drunk fan at a football game. Why do it?

Idiots such as yourself are like buses, there will always be another one along.

Unapologetically,

Nick

20. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    A philistine. I am laughing you idiot. A person of high calibur,whatever
    Because,the guy you are talking about is a crook and a lier. You can say whatever you want but none of that will matter. Instead of calling me names you could have asked why I was making these remarks about your crooked friend. But no, you sir are nothing but an idiot. I am very doubtfull that you are not him anyways. The world is a small place. Ask yourself why would someone make these type of remarks. Because your dear old friend is a lier and a crook.

21. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Er, okay I think we know why this car is not selling ;) ... just find another 'ghost' :D

Pete

22. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I don't know this car and it might be a nice car. But whoever deals with these guys be very very careful. There are to many better people out there that you could deal with. I stand behind my word, these guys are crooks.

23. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    A buddy of mine advertised his Euro (Amerispec conversion) '99 360 F1 (yellow) -- almost identical to this one, except his had challenge wheels and grill w/ Tubi -- for around $120k - $125k about 1 - 2 years ago. At that time, the car had somewhere in the neighborhood of 6k - 8k miles on it. His car was fully serviced regularly by the dealer and in mint condition. He had a Spider on order and, as the delivery date began to approach, he put his existing car up for sale. All he received were very lowball offers well below his asking price.

In the end, he decided to forget about the Spider, forget about trying to sell, and simply keep the car and enjoy it.

I tend to agree with Noahlh and others on this one -- the asking price seems a little on the high side for the current buyer's market -- but then again, who knows, it may just be the right car for the right price for someone.