1986 Testarossa Norwood twin turbo | FerrariChat

1986 Testarossa Norwood twin turbo

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by rjklein, Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    A very good friend of mine is selling is 86 twin turbo testarossa. This car is a blast, it is also a Targa top. He is asking $55K, if anybody is interested please let me know. At one point there were pictures of the car, at last years Gathering in Indy. I will try to pull them up, but they were on the old site.

Rob Klein

2. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    I am currently searching the old site to find pictures, but the car was black with red interior. Will post picturs soon

3. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    That wouldn't happen to be the black w/ red interior seats Turbo w/ Nitrous Testarossa with the removable targa top would it? If so, I have all the pics and would be glad to post them for you, if you'd like...

4. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    #4 Eric308gtsiqv, Mar 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    #6 Eric308gtsiqv, Mar 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just for the record: I took those pictures and have a few more.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Oops, you posted all of them. Ok, I got no more.

As a general comment: The car looked really hot. However the conversion job was a bit crude: You could see the cut off pillars and the engine bay wasn't terribly organized. But the car definitely stole the show. It got about as much attention as the F40, which isn't too bad for a TR.
    :)

8. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Why was the top off in the rain? Or had the rain stopped when the photos were taken? Either way its a beast of a car. Very nice!!!

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It sprinkled while we were lining the vehicles up and the guy who brought it (he was not the owner, but a friend who had to sell it) was busy talking to people, hence the rain sprinkles hitting it.

After I lost track (was too busy enjoying the view of that F40 in my mirror), but I'm quite certain they drove it with the top on. It rained hard later on. The last shot at night was taken after the rain had stopped.

10. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks for the info. Thats a truly amazing car.

11. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I wonder if this was the car I saw in Indy last year for the USGP? Anyone Anyone? There is also a black black quad turbo TR here in Atlanta. Talk about a fast car!!

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes, that is the car. I took these pictures during the USGP weekend in Indy.

It inspired me so much, I went searching for a 1/18 model of a "GTS 512" and guess what, I found one. Although without NOS. Maybe I should add that...

13. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I would have been so interested a few weeks back before I tide up some money on my new 2003 330I Dinan. Black and red is great but I am not sure about the targa. But who cares 1000Hp. If I could get something together I'll be interested.

14. nice what are the 0-60 and 60-100 times on that car, I bet it packs a extremly powerfull punch with NOS.

15. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I wonder if under full acceleration whether it becomes a coupe again, or maybe under braking :D

Pete

16. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    That looks cool for 55k.

17. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Rjklein,

Yes, very good lookin' car. Why the owner is selling this car? may I ask?

I may be interested, if the current deal I'm working on didn't turn out well.

Where is it? Can you get more detailed info if I requested.

Thanks

Yoshi

18. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    Thats what I was thinking... With a custom turbo setup and nitrous install, I would be thinking it would go for at least 60 even if it were stock?

19. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    That is quite a package for 55k, did it lose money from the modifications? I read somewhere that even repainting the TR's seems to raise questions for some reason.
    Also, do you have to do any chassis bracing when you chop the top off a car like that, especually with the extra power?

20. rtpetrick

rtpetrick Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    Stillwater, Minnesot
    Full Name:
    Dick Petrick
    There was an 85 Black/Black TR Norwood Twin Turbo on eBay last January. Had a big spoiler on the rear deck...Claimed 960hp at crank with possiblity of increasing to 1500. The bid went to $54.4 and reserve not met. Car was in Atlanta

21. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Yoshi,

Sorry I was out of town for a couple of days. These are the pictures of the car, thank you for posting them. I would be happy to put any person in direct contact with the owner. He loves cars, just sold a F-40, and is selling this car as well. The reason he is just reworking his line up. The car was done by Norwood. The car is way fast and sounds awsome, would be a great buy for $55K.

Let me know if anybody in interested and I will put you in contact with the owner.

Rob Klein

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Do I get a free test drive for taking these pictures? If so, I'll come back to this year's USGP. Heck, I would even write an article about the car for our club magazine.

23. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    The owner of the car would be happy to deliver the car at the USGP, because the car is located in Indy. I am no way a middle man or a broker. This is a personal friend of mine, who knows that I chat on this forum, he just asked if I could help him put the word out.

24. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I'd be interested, please PM me. Pretty car.