Testarossa Salvage Value Calculations? | FerrariChat

Testarossa Salvage Value Calculations?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by JimSchad, Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I am looking at a salvage Testarossa. Been wrecked, mostly body damage and hopefully no frame damage. Although they did total it! Asking $19,900 for it which is way too high considering a straight TR can be had for $40K'ish. I wondered about if it would be a deal at say $10K.

So my point is I don't know how much they need to get out of it. It is an insurance clearing house. How does this work? Is anything they get better than nothing or did this company buy it from the insurance company and need to make a certain amount? It is obviously worth something even at part out value.

2. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    I would buy it for 10K. I sent 17K to have my transmission rebuilt and a few other items done. 10K would be a good price.

3. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

10k would be an outright steal if the engine/trans is intact and running. I think I could sell that component alone for more than 10k without too much trouble..heck, the wheels are worth more than 1k.

4. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Ferrari of Central Flo. said that a rebuild for a Testarossa motor is close to $40,000. I would pay $25,000 for the motor and transmission in that car anytime if everything is good. Just the leather in the interiors are over $10,000 new. And a $40s Testarossa is a don't buy car, a good one no matter the mileage or year should be $60,000 and up.