Whut's Up in Orlando | FerrariChat

Whut's Up in Orlando

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Texas Forever, Nov 16, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Here's the deal -- I have to give a speech at a conference in Orlando on Wednesday 12/3 and Friday 12/5. This, of course gives me Thursday to drive around and do some car guy things. Anybody have any suggestions? Isn't there a mini-track at Mouse Land? I'm already thinking of driving over to Tampa where a guy in New Port Richey puts Rolls Royce bodies on a Chevy frame. But, I'm certainly up for whatever.

Thanks in advance, DrTax.

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Drop by Ferrari of Central Florida. The guys there are always happy to welcome visitors and show them around their new show room. Contact Anothony King there and he would be happy to help.

FCF has an Enzo in house which they are putting on display on the
    auto show circuit. The car was at the Tampa show this weekend and
    Raymund from FCF told me they will have it for another three weeks or so.

Not so sure about the "mini-track" at Disney. There is an oval there
    which was used by IRL a couple of times and the Richard Petty Driving Experience has sessions there but this is likely seasonal so you may have
    luck doing a web search on that or maybe the guys at FCF may know.

Rolls bodies on Chevy frames? It isnt enough that the drive trains on Rolls' are Chevy's already?

BHW

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Actually, I'm interesting in check this out --

http://www.portharbor.com/centralauto/

The guy apparently puts a real Silver Cloud body on a new Chevy frame with a new 327. You get the classic Roller look with a new GM parts.

As somebody who has fuked around with old Brit bikes for way too long, I have had it with British technology. (Sorry Chaps.) (Want to hear a bad Brit joke? How come the British don't make computers? Simple, cause they can't figure out out to make them leak oil.)

But I love the look of old Rolls, so....

Also the Richard Petty deal is apparently still going on... I guess if I want to appeal to my inner Bubba, I can do this. (Who was it that described stock car racing as, "Floor it. Turn left and hang on?)

But if you can think of anything else to do, please advise.

I'm actually an old North Florida cracker. I even went to FSU before Bobby Bowden! (In my day, we used to say that one should go Freak and not Greek because it was a better rush.) We used to go down to Orlando while Mouse Land was being built and fill up my pickumup truck with citrus from the abandoned groves. Because my old truck had a hole in the bed, we'd leave a trail from Orlando to Tallahassee of squashed oranges.

Any rate, thanks for any insights you or anyone else might have.

Dale