Continental GT - anyone getting one? | FerrariChat

Continental GT - anyone getting one?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ty (360mode), Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    spoke to the local dealer and they are expecting their first one next month. he also said that the wait is at least a year "although we may be able to find you a spot sooner".

anyone else looking into this car? anyone seen it in person? never thought i'd be interested in a bentley, but i love it from the pictures. thoughts? opinions?

2. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I have a deposit on the Convert which I am told will be close to a year after the coupe. When my dealer gets the coupe in he is going to take me for a spin to check it out. I can't wait!

3. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Too heavy. I think it's as heavy as my Cayenne TT.

Saw one last Friday at the airport in Amsterdam. It for sure has the looks.

Rijk

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I was disappointed when I saw it. Reaffirmed that for the money, you're better off buying a used '01 Arnage Red Label.

--Dan

5. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Daniel-son...you saw it in an art studio...come on!!!

Everyone that has driven it from our company has had nothing but the absoulute highest regards for it, and these are Ferrari people! Just wait man.

Get the GT2 and then grab a CGT.

:)

R

p.s.-Wheres the 550 brake story?

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I go by what I saw. I haven't driven one! BEsides, dude, how do you argue with the Arnage? Dude... you of all people!

Brakes...I know, I know. The pictures are on the other computer, too lazy to write it up. Besides, I'll be getting **** for days about my goof-off! :D

I think the lumber mill story is better, actually. :)

--Dan

7. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Come on...an Arnage Red Label is a great car, but lets talk Twin Turbos...aka...Arnage T and CGT......oh, and while we are at it...GT2 :) ...and no brining in F40's.........btw, why would they make fun of your 7.5 hour brake job???? :))

8. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Because it was longer than 7.5 hours! :D

--Dan

9. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Too heavy for what? It isn't meant to be a track car.

10. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    kind of my thoughts, it's meant to be a cruiser...

if you beat me to a test drive, please post your thoughts! a bentley... the thought still makes me LOL but that and the murci are the only cars that interest me right now :(

i think pricing is still expected to be around $150-ish, is that what you've been told as well?

11. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    have seen a few of them around town and they look kinda like a porsche on a pig out. its just too big and even though the specs sound great, i think you really have to want a bentley to go for that. makes the 612 look like a great design....

12. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL

I haven't seen one in real life, yet. I've always felt that it looked bulky, great choice of words! I really do hope though that when I see my first Conti GT in the metal that it will shrink wrap its self and have the lines I expect to see. Pictures can screw up cars every now and then, I love Bentley's(!) and would be disappointed if this model looks like a bloated Porsche.

13. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Cont GT looks stunning in person. Makes the 612 look like a Hyundai. Well, not quite, but you get the idea.

14. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I am sure when it gets here pricing will probably be a little higher although I don't think there are any options besides maybe a wheel choice. I thought twice about getting a Bentley when I bought my Arnage last year because most of my friends where trying to convince me it was an old mans car but in reality they didn't even know what it looked like. I love it and can't wait for the convertible.