Autocar Magazine / Ferrari Announces New 360 | FerrariChat

Autocar Magazine / Ferrari Announces New 360

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by kenyon, Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Autocar Magazine / Ferrari Announces New 360

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read in last weeks/come this weeks Autocar, that Ferrari has said to Autocar that they will be releasing 360 model with a new engine. It should be 470 BHP V8 engine from the Maserati 4200 GT. It will have a the Maserati V8 drive drain that will allow it to rev to 9000 rpm. They said the current V8 engine is easy good for 500 BHP but will most probably go with 470 BHP for more reliability. The 360 will probably be called the 430 or 470, not for sure. The article reads that the body styling of the 360 will not change much.

The new 360 will not be released for some time (2006/7) since their is currently a two year waiting list for the 360 and three years waiting list for the spyder in the USA.

Great things to come from the Ferrari again......

2. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Guys,

With regards to engine they have said the current V8 in the 360 can be increased to 4.3, 4.7 and even 5.0 litres without any trouble. This is why there is speculation that the new generation 360 will be called the 430 or 470 due its greater engine size. This was announced by the chief Ferrari engine designer....

I was a bit out of it last night after visiting the hospital and made a mistake between the litres and BHP.

They said the maserat V8 currently has a flat plain that will increase rpm.s to 9000...

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  4. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    I know raw power is important, but as Aston Martin have shown, styling is just as important... Why can't Ferrari spend a bit more time making a good looking car for a change rather than just pilling on more horsepower that will never get used on the public road?

It frustrates me that Ferrari's are no longer beautiful... And while we are on the subject, the 612 is an utter dog... Why release a fantastic sketch of the car ahead of its release, and then utterly fail to meet the buying public's expectations by releasing a car that looks like an ugly version of the Toyota Supra???!

(Sorry - don't mean to offend anyone, but I fancy getting this moan off my chest...!)