Headed out that way... | FerrariChat

Headed out that way...

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by TestShoot, Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    In about 2 months I will be in the New Bern NC area helping my uncle move his family back here to Southern California, so I thought I'd see what there is to do or if there are meets on the east coast there so I can meet some other f-chatters. A little west-east cultural exchange.

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

New Bern is way out east. I don't know how many cars are in that area, but perhaps we could get something together in the Raleigh area. I think there are quite a few 3x8's in the Capital City. Anyone? Anywhere, anytime, I need more excuses to drive! In two months time, it'll be just spectacular Carolina weather.

[/flamesuit ON]
    Of course, Duke will have won the ACC tournement and the NCAA by then, so everything will be just peachy.
    [/flamesuit OFF]

-Daniel

3. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Hey cool my 2 favorite college teams are Carolina and whoever is playing Duke hahahaha. Too bad Carolina is HORRIBLE this year. You might be right Daniel Duke is the way to go this year.

Hey Daniel I'll come to meet you in winston and we can go down from there to meet TestShoot. Hey TestShoot are you going to bring some of those models??? hahaha

4. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Why are they moving from New Burne? And why move there in the first place???

DrS

5. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Great Question oh StrangeOne hahaha. If you live in Cali why move to New Bern??? Maybe Asheville but not New Bern hahaha :)

6. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    the hospital there made a great offer to him, and with 4 small (adorable) kids, he had a nice large homestead. in cali he was happy, but he had a hard time with the hospitals here and politics, so more money, large house, and he was gone.

any how, maybe i need to come over there and light a fire underneath all of you to start meeting!

7. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Consider me "in" for a meet in NC when you're in the Carolinas. Maybe in the next few months we can muster some enthusiasm here and get some cars together. St. Tulley? resnow? khughes? Those folks are all within an easy drive of Raleigh. I'll tell you what... for each Ferrari driver that shows up, I'll buy their lunch at a classic NC BBQ joint. (big spender, huh?) Anyone been to Bullock's in Durham? What about Allen & Sons in Chapel Hill? Make sure you're bringing a ragtop or targa -- your clothes will stink like smoke (tobacco & hickory) when we're done!

TestShoot - just let us know when your trip dates are finalized, and make sure you've got a free weekend day for us!

-Daniel

8. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    Two months from now (first weekend in May) is FCA-SE Region track weekend at VIR. Even if you're not an FCA member, any of you would be welcome to stop by the track anytime Saturday or Sunday to see what's going on. I will be available most any other weekend around that time to meet in Raleigh, especially to get some EASTERN NC BBQ. By then, March madness will be over and the Pack will be on top.

Also, I would like to hear NC Ferrari owners' thoughts on other events the FCA could run/sponsor to make membership more inviting.

Bob

9. superX

superX Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Cary, NC
    Full Name:
    Dennis Briddell
    hmmmmm. allen and sons. I'd take the scenic route there (or any BBQ joint for that matter). That is if a lamborghini wouldn't crashing the party.

10. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    So, would a non-threatening, 1999 Pontiac Grand Am be welcome to tag along? I'll provide the camera! I would even buy my own BBQ ;)

11. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Bob -

From our initial conversations, I actually thought you were a decent guy. But come on?!?!? The Pack? Please... don't insult the working order of our universe! Duke. Pure & Simple. :) Hee hee... just giving you a hard time.

Seriously, here are some ideas for FCA stuff:

1. Drives (mountains, Piedmont, etc)
    2. VIR events
    3. Tech sessions at one of our local dealers (wink, wink)
    4. F1 Racing parties (I have a 100" projection system at work with kitchen facilities, grill, etc)
    5. Morning coffee runs -- a mini Crystal Cove type deal?

Best Regards,
    Daniel

12. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford