gumball 3000 | FerrariChat

gumball 3000

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by steveirl, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    Anyone here ever done it or know of anyone who has, this year it runs from Paris to Cannes via morocco, 3000miles over 6 days! taking in the grand prix in barcelona along the way, i am thinking of doing it in my Pantera as the DeTomaso Club have received a request for entries as they are hoping some DeTomaso caras will take part. Not sure however if I want to subject my car to it!!! what you guys think?
    Steve

2. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Have a word with Ed - he's done it and he's mad.

3. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    What date does this years Gumball start and where from....?

j3nzo

4. Ferrari_co_uk

Ferrari_co_uk Karting

Apr 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Langfield
    lol!

5. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    Starts In Paris on May 4th to Biarritz, Madrid, Marbella, then across to Marakech, Barcelona and ends on May10th in Cannes, 3000 miles in all.

6. gumball3000

gumball3000 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson
    Not so sure I like the mad part!

I used a Lotus last year and she was fine. I was quite surprised as we did 3500 miles in 6 days. We had a few little problems, but nothing major! The Gumball is hard work, but well worth it. The first drive was 13 hours, through the night! I am a little worried about the F355 this year. I think it may all be a bit much for it......We will see! I recommend the event to anyone. It isn't all parties and fun though....Some of the longer sections can be tedious...Especially if the Police are everywhere and you have to stick to 70mph! Also....Don't be fooled by the speed thing....We ran along in the Elise at fairly sensible speeds and kept up with a lot of people. You can gain a lot of time on a car when they are stood by the side of the road with the boys in blue!

Ed

7. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Ed do you know if they are going to make a film of this years as well?

8. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    hanks for the advice Ed
    i have just had a phone call from them,a guy by the name of Nick, and altho the race is full they have had a cancellation and want me to come as they would like a Pantera to take part, just tryin to convince my friend to be a co driver now, have 24 hours to do so! hope he says yes!
    Steve

9. gumball3000

gumball3000 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson
    There is a plan to make another film this year....Apparently they have got a different Director for each day....Or Something.....May be good.....may be a big bag of arse....

\We shall see!

Ed