BBLM vs F40LM | FerrariChat

BBLM vs F40LM

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by allanlambo, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

allan,

thanks for posting this video...it is really great!! as a boxer owner i love to hear that noise. how about that alfa tipo 33b that flys by as if the bb and f40 were sitting still!!

for those that have not seen this video , please take the time to download this one!

psk...you will love the alfa scene!!
    thanks again allan.

peter

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    My God..that was a well driven BBLM ! How could he beat the F40 LM ?
    And that Alfa !!

3. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Aweasome, thanks!

4. ferraripete

the cameo by the alfa...wow!!! i think that may have been the 75 constructors champion car...tipo 33 campari livery car.

the boxer heal n toeing into the infield is great...turn up the vol!!!

5. ferraripete

jim glickenhaus...who is the driver of the bblm? todd morici?

and i would assume you would know the owner of the tipo 33.

curious. looks like the pocono even brings out some good cars.

peter

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I was there last year. It must have been Bob Coates BBLM maybe against Benny Caiolas F40LM. I think with equal drivers the F40LM would win but then again its got a huge technological edge

7. ferraripete

william,

you are correct as the f40 lm is probably advantaged in the neighborhood of 150-200 hp. look at the way it leaps away on the straight when there is no traffic. good video however and wow does the boxer wail!

but who is in the spectacular alfa?

8. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

LOL ; u really want to know :)

I was amazed at how it passed those 2 racing Ferraris !

9. ferraripete

the tipo 33 was an amazing car in its day. i saw one race at the vintage event in coronado, ca last year. it belonged to tom holfelder. it was a sexy machine that began in the back of the grid and had passed all the cars in only 4 laps. the way it pulled away from the lolas and mc clarens in the straights was astonishing!

10. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Note to self : read more about the Tipo 33 ! I saw one a few weeks ago at Retromobile in Paris..looks amazing for sure.

Now i want to know more about its racing history !

11. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I think the Tipo 33 is owned by Joe Nastasi who owns Nastasi Lamborghini. He has been running that car for years & seems to have it well sorted out. Its definately a sexy Beehatch :)

12. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    The track is Pocono (long course). I don't think it's Todd's car as he doesn't do many track events and I haven't seen him up in our area in a long time (MD/PA/NY).

It could be Bob Coates' car but it's being driven way too slow to be him. I ran with Bob at Pocono this past November and couldn't catch him so I doubt it's him. Could be his wife though as she has been known to drive some mean laps at track events (though not quite as fast as Bob).

The F40 is either Mr. Ciaola's or another guy (can't remember the name) who runs an F40 with an LM wing and some other mods.

Will, is that your black TR road car in the video?

In any event, it didn't look like the F40 and the BBLM were being driven all that fast.

Here is what Pocono looks like at speed in my 355 Challenge (F40 LM in there as well):

http://jpkofod.lunarpages.com/Fchat_Videos/POC.mpg (Long clip Chasing an F40 LM)

http://jpkofod.lunarpages.com/Fchat_Videos/POC2.mpg (Long clip chasing another fast 355 C and a 360 C)

http://jpkofod.lunarpages.com/Fchat_Videos/POC3.mpg (Short clip drafting a 360 C down the back straight)

It's probably the only time I ever wound out my 355 C in 6th gear.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

13. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    It probably is my black TR, I was having problems that day bcus my alternator had died so I could only do so many laps between charges

14. castex

castex Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Rouen, France
    Full Name:
    Thomas Daniels
    Can't get it to work, and I'd really love to see this...

15. ferraripete

castex, right click on the link that allan provided and save to your desk top.
    it should download but take quite a while. i hope that helps.

pcb

16. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    looks like it's still unavailable.

17. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    That's Joe. He can really drive as well. Very pretty car.

18. ferraripete

thanks for answering my question william and jim. is that the 75 world champion of makes car?

i think it was featured on speed w/ allan driving it? you would be best to know jim.

i have always loved the tipo 33 another real important endurance racer along w/ the gt-40 , 917, p4-512 ferraris.

19. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The problem with the T 33's is the history of individual cars get's murky. Nick S has a few as does Joe N. One of Nick's cars was a recent auction no sell and I believe that was the Targa Floria winning car. If you're interested you could give Nick a call (Motorclassic WHite Plains, NY)

20. ferraripete

jim,

i am very interested in getting into a vintage endurance car bit am worried about making the right choice as it relates to appreciation and spare parts. i saw tom holfelder grenade his t33 v-8 in coronado last year and i can only imagine nick 12 is eeven more exotic. what is nick hoping for in his car?

is a t-70 mk111 b a better choice, price dependent?

thanks jim, peter

21. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Lola's are fast. There are a lot of people racing them therefore there are spares. There are also very few original unmolested Lola's and even fewer with real history. For that reason a fully sorted race ready Lola coupe would be much less than a t33. (Assuming no major history) I think Nick's car was a no sale at 650K. The car is being offered in Europe but I don't know asking.
    Joe N. probably has one for sale as well. Running one would cost WAY more than a Lola but there are T33 spares. Both Nick and Joe N. have them. If you're serious talk to both of them. Feel free to mention my name.
    Best
    Here's another one for sale.
    http://www.ferraris-online.com/cars/currentcars.shtml

22. ferraripete

thank you jim, i do know nick as i was introduced some years ago by jean louis, so i think we could have a real conversation.

btw, what ever happened to herb olsen? do you remember him?

23. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I do but I'm not sure.

24. ferraripete

thanks jim,

i was just curious. whenever i speak w/ you it always seems a bit like old home week. im not very good at keeping up w/ folks as i wish i were. you however are still living in the heart of it! thanks jim.

pcb