Ever get pulled over, and the cop just wants to have a look at your ride? | FerrariChat

Ever get pulled over, and the cop just wants to have a look at your ride?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by -FROG-, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    Biting off the Liscense Plate thread in the "Texas" section, I was wondering if anyone has any stories about law enforcement pulling you over just to enjoy taking a look at your car?

I have been pulled over in my drag Mustang just because the cop wanted to look at my car. He said, I've seen you around and have been wanting to check out the car. He was cool and I really didn't mind.

My cop buddy pulled over a Ferrari to talk to him about his car and get a good look at it. He said the driver was a great sport and was no doubt driving a really nice car.

I got pulled over in the Lambo rep and the officer had a "Hot Rod" sticker on his ticket book, so mimmediately I was like COOL, I may can weasle my way out of this ticket. It didn't work, I still got the ticket.

Once I was out cruisin with a few other red exotics and we were standing in a parking lot watching "Air 1" (our local police chopper) circle the cars at low altitude. I still don't know if he was taking a look or if someone called on us, lol.

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yea, but then in my trunk, and then in my pockets, and then............

I'll never forget a cruiser that screeched to a stop, pulled in blocking me at a store, and then a FEMALE officer jumps out just gushing, "i've never seen a real one, can I sit in it?" and jumps in with my then gf, who moments earlier was ... uh... rolling. Her eyes, that is....

I thought the gf was gonna DIE.

I had only stopped to throw away the empties, and grab two more!

The constable slipped me her phone number!

Speedy"Living Dangerously"308

3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    If you would have had her on the hood and video taped it, I would have paid the $19.95 for the video!

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Darn, another missed opportunity.....

By the time I called the constable back, she had moved!

I keep a scrapbook of my race team, I've got pics somewhere of the two cars together.

The gf was thrilled to see ourselves on TV, later that weekend at the Grand Prix, behind Max Papis giving an interview.

I don't know that dating a law enforcement officer would work out for me, but I've seen some cute ones!

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

6. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Was she hot? :D

Nothing hotter than a hot woman police officer who is ample enough to really fill out that uniform! :eek:

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Now boys, this was a TEXAS peace officer.

As I recall, the total width of her hips, gun, belt, cuffs and mace canister made it a fairly tight fit in the drivers seat. My date was the hottie, but she eventually reconciled with my next door neighbor. Sigh. She sure had fun with the race stuff though.

I'll bet I still have the officer's card here somewhere...........

8. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    i was pulled over in hoboken about 2 weeks ago...i knew i did nothing wrong, gave a little gas to hear the echo ripple through the buildings, then the cop pulled behind me for 2 lights then pulled me over. I was laughing cause i knew i didn't do anything wrong, when the cop came to the window he said "this thing sounds mean what do you have in this thing?"

Of course i said "drugs in the front, guns in the rear" :)

We ended up talking for about 45 minutes, exchanged cell #'s and got PBA cards LOL

good stop all in all

9. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    happened to me twice in my Countach, hasnt happened in the 512TR yet

10. Wildwarrior

Wildwarrior Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2003
    PA
    Full Name:
    Glen Winters
    Early last sat afternoon, a cop pulled ahead of traffic, got along side me on the shoulder and asked me if I wanted to trade cars for a few hrs ,then after complimenting my ride,went on to ask."Do you think I would stand a chance if we were in a chase" I chuckled and said "Not in that car you wouldn't".He followed me a few miles,probably ran my plate,its' my long hair and ear ring,he then smiled and waved good bye.He was pretty cool ,I'm suprised he didn't notice my radar detector.

11. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Many, many... did i mention MANY times? Always give them the quarter tour, we laugh, we smile...

REMEMBER: The friend you make today could be the guy you pray is kind to you tomorrow.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

12. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Get the same in the London but never a female officer!!

Last time it happened to me was 6 weeks ago. 2 weeks later a patrol car pulled up next to me and I wasn't wearing my seat belt. No time to reach for belt with the cop car lowering its window. My car is LHD and I feared the worst.

Same officer from previously appeared out of the window and screamed, "Its you and you're still in THAT car!". All I could do was sit there and smile, wait for him to pull off and grab my seat belt!

13. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #13 Eric W, Mar 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Ahhh yes, Boston Police. Now THOSE are guys you NEVER mess with.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

15. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #15 BigTex, Mar 11, 2004
  16. Sin

Sin Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #16 Sin, Mar 11, 2004
  17. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    SWEET!!! What a GREAT picture! Thanks for the new background pic. Details on the situation please.:) The cop is smiling.....that can be a good thing?

18. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL

Thats a cool shot... in fact its my new wallpaper! Hope he didn't get a ticket in the end.

19. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I don't have a pic of it, but it sure happened last year at the USGP. The cop with a very sinister voice: "I have to confiscate this vehicle. Sire, hand me the keys please."

Then he was laughing. We had a nice chat and he said he would be too scared to drive a Ferrari to the race.

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's at the PIRELLI Classic, I believe.

Goodyear is #1 in Racing!

21. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    In my Ducati, Yes.

In my Ferrari, No.

22. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    Had a Los Angeles police officer yell over to me in my old 88 928S4. I was on Santa Monica Blvd. He was a fan of the 928 since forever.

23. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Tall black guy with curly hair?

24. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I got pulled over in my previous 308 GTS by fellow chatter (fad2blk) who is a local police officer (and 348 spider owner).

Dave