Question To All F355 Owners | FerrariChat

Question To All F355 Owners

Discussion in '348/355' started by FerrariSlave, Nov 16, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Im looking for an image of the instrument cluster of the F355 lit up at night. Im going to use this to make a nice desktop background if anyone that has a F355 could take a hi-res image and pm or post it in this thread. I would greatly appreciate it, I found a couple on Ebay from auction of F355's but they where all really low res and blurred.

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    what a great idea!

i've always been way amused with the 550 speedo. it goes to like a zillion miles per hour - as if. also, the speedo needle has like a huge 300 degree arc range but the LEGAL speeds are like the bottom 20 degrees of arc or something crazy - the speedo is SO useless!

maybe i'll go take some snaps tonight....

doody.

3. That would be great since the 550 instrument cluster looks like the F355 with minor differences. The whole instrument cluster looks fablous lit up at night there is just something about it.

It would make a perfect background

4. ART360

ART360 Guest

I'm such a klutz. If I tired to take that pic, it'd be a mess. If Doody does that, I'll change the crash pic that I have for my screen saver.

Art

5. Here is an example of what I mean but more into the instrument cluster instead of the wheel and other stuff I can just out the rest and put it on a black background on Photoshop. It will look awsome lit up in green over a black background.

Example:

6. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Haha...Doody, its funny you say that about the 550 speedo. I've actually remarked to a few people before, almost in those exact words, how funny it is that the legal speeds are bunched in the bottom 1/5 of the speedo. Fantastic!

I'll see if I can help with the 355 cluster pic, its a stick though, so no F1 gear indicator within the cluster.

7. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    I think Dan has a story about the 'legal range' of his 550's speedo ;)

Art- if you want I could take a snap, remind me on the next run. May need to shoot it on 35mm with a tripod to get enough exposure and resolution at night however. (in which case, dinner's on me ;D)

Best!
    Ben.

8. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #8 wax, Nov 17, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. The last pic looks good and just what I would need.

10. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    OK - have somebody get a kickin' shot - the shot will likely need to be larger than 1024x768, as cropping the actual desired image from point to point will result in a smaller area.

Most important thing beyond that is being centered. As you can see, the dials are a bit closer to the bezel edges in the center - too far left or right, and it won't look right.

To create the prototype based loosely on your DEScription, I saved your example, opened in ArcSoft PhotoStudio 2000;
    Copy/Pasted @90º of the silver rim from one large dial to another-
    Copied @ 120º off the bottom of the top center guage, and pasted it to the lower guage-
    Moved Ferrari logo up higher on the wheel.

Bucket-filled, Sprayed and Lined the prevalent shade of black, then line & saved the half-ass (Chinese for Good Luck) job for when I touched up the silver to clean things up. Prova need not be perfect.

Oh, when the big one comes along - you may want to have the needles a bit higher in speed and RPM - that can be done via trickery, as well. I would imagine it's Kinda Dangerous composing pics at 175 mph. *snicker*

11. That sounds pretty good as long as someone could take a nice nite pic of the insturment cluster lit up at high res most. Digital cameras take the pictures at 2048x1800 when they come off the camera.

12. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    The more, the merrier.

13. Come on all you lucky 550 and F355 Owners make our days and take those pics. :)

14. Thanks For the Picture JWCinLA

Great Picture emai me if you want the Hi-Res uncompreesed raw image.

15. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    here's the best i could get of just the speedo with my camera. that's a 3M pixel shot on macro mode with no flash (obviously). i'm using it as my windows screen background now. not the best pic, but the best i could get without a tripod to steady it. i actually snapped about ten, and this was the only one that was somewhat sharp.

doody.