355 15k service | FerrariChat

355 15k service

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by speedy pete, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedy pete

speedy pete Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    darkside of the moon
    Full Name:
    Pete B
    #1 speedy pete, Mar 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Does anyone know of a good shop around that can do the 15k service on my 355 spider?
    I live in redding connecticut so the only dealer I know of is Miller Motor Cars in Greenwich. I would like to get a fair price for the service but I have no idea what would be a good price as opposed to a rip off. What should I be prepared to pay?
    I got the car in September and it now has 12k on it so I fiqured I should start looking around for a great shop to perform the major stuff like the 15k. I have already changed the oil and done regular maintenance,but getting into the engine bay just plain scares me. Anyway here's a shot of the car last week in the snow. thanks for you help!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. papaleo1

papaleo1 Karting

Jun 9, 2002
    Papaleo
    Full Name:
    Louis
    Hey Speedy -

I had the belt service on my 348 done at Miller last year. I have to tell you that they gave me 10% discount on the parts and did a great job. They went through the car and made recommendations and when all was said and done, it was returned to me running fantastically and with a smaller bill than anticipated.

For some reason some of the guys shy away from Miller, but Jack Rosvear, the Service Manager is a straight shooter. They subsequently did my clutch conversion and have done all of the servicing on my 355.

Give Jack a call. Tell him Lou Papaleo sent you. . . that and around $ 4500 will get your service done!

Take care -

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    WWOC.
    Ask for Jim Murphy or Justin. Mention my name. (Jim G.)

4. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    DITTO AS JIM STATES IT

845 425 2600 X 245

5. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

I agree with the other guys. Call WWoC and see what they can do for you..
    You can even click on the sponser link that they have here.

Good Luck on your choice.

6. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Another vote for WWoC -- they seem like a really quality shop.

Also worth checking out Classic Coach in Elizabeth, NJ, as they have a terrific reputation as well.

I think you can expect to pay $5k - $6k for the service (which I believe involves taking the engine out, hence the added cost over a 360 major). Apologies if that cost is wrong -- I'm going from memory of a conversation with Jim Murphy up at WWoC.

nlh

7. papaleo1

papaleo1 Karting

Jun 9, 2002
    Papaleo
    Full Name:
    Louis
    Ok - so what don't I know?

Besides WWOCs being a sponsor here, why would I go to Rockland County, drop the car off, catch a ride back to Connecticut, only to do the whole thing all over again when the car was ready?

I drop my 355 at Miller on my way to Westchester, they give me lift to my office. When the car is ready, they are on the way home and I can catch a lift with a friend.

Have these guys done something to get ignored here or have I missed something?

8. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    That must be the 854th time I have seen pictures of this car on this website

9. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    854 huh Geiger? lol

10. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

They will pick up and drop off the car in an enclosed truck when available:
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9100

I don't know about them being ignored, but no other service department out here has really been talked about more than the WWoC. I surely would like to here something from other service customers.