To what sense does your Ferrari appeal most? | FerrariChat

To what sense does your Ferrari appeal most?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jdb, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

To what sense does your Ferrari appeal most?

1. Site (looks / appearance)

2. Sound (engine, exhaust, gated shifts, etc.)

3. Feel (proxy for performance)

4. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I know the real answer is a blend of all three, but I wanted to see what people liked most about their cars.

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    How about the sense of having arrived!

3. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Marin Calif
    Five senses yes....sight, sound, touch, taste, smell.....

So why no taste? Ferrari's are delicious with salt and vinegar.

Seriously, I'd go with sound.

A 12 cylinder separates Ferrari from Corvette, NSX, GT40 etc. Even the 8 with a Tubi. Sound # 1

Sight (exterior form or emblem on the steering wheel) # 2,

Touch (seat of the pants performance or waxing the shapely body panels or grasping the shifter and steering wheel) # 3

4. ElTorrente

ElTorrente Rookie

Mar 11, 2004
    I voted for sound.

Heh- I don't own a Ferrari, yet- but that is the one thing that truly thrills me about Ferraris. My dream is to own a Ferrari with a 12cyl and go thru the gears and listen, and experience the whole thing.

I'm 34 and own a WRX (yes I joined because of the infamous thread.. (don't hate me)), but I am simply a driving enthusiast. One day a couple weeks ago, I had the thrill of entering the 805S behind a beautiful yellow Daytona coupe. He accelerated hard and went thru a couple gears, with me trailing back just drooling over the sound. I rolled down my window and rode off his back quarter for a couple miles just to listen to that wonderful note. Maybe it was one of you guys (I was the blue WRX gauking at you).

btw- and not to hijack or anything- my previous experience with an "exotic" was a 67 porsche 912 :D . I loved it because it was simply a great experience, and involving to drive. I love the mechanical sounds it made and I could feel the road like I was connected to it. My Rex doesn't give me that. One day I will own a Ferrari and will join your club- I give myself about 3 years and I'll buy a late eighties 512 and it will sing to me everyday.

5. Red348

Red348 Guest

You forgot sense of driving. Even if it is not the fastest in outright performance, ANY Ferrari is a pure drivers car.

The turbo jobs from Japan (Mitsubishis and Subarus) will probably thrash most supercars on the road in real everyday situations but just do not have the same driver appeal.

6. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    ElTorrente,

With you're attitude and demeanor,
    You're already a member here.
    Ownership is not a prerequisite!

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i voted for other, with the inclination to vote for feel first, with sound being a VERY CLOSE second... i voted for other because of Red's statement:
    Red's right; whether it's a Mondial or a Testarossa or a 328, the feel of a Ferrari is unmistakeable; they're all driver's cars.

As far as sound goes, i'm just so unashamedly addicted to the music that emanates from the Tubis off of Bruce's TR... There's so many different levels of sound that's made, and they all seem to come together to create a harmony unlike anything else... Bruce's TR is the only car i've EVER been in that, when i heard it, i thought i was in airplane; hell, some airplanes don't even sound like that...! A 550 with a Tubi Solo is another orchestrated slice of audible heaven i'll never forget... It sounds like something Ferrari made with the help of NASA and the special effects crew from Star Wars... Truly intense...

Still, looks are right there, too; surely, i can't let my first and second place votes discredit the looks of the car... NOTHING looks like a Ferrari; and if it does, it does on purpose... People around the world don't even need to know models to be able to look at a car and say, "Look! A Ferrari!"
    They're just unmistakeable.

8. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Carbon,

It's funny you'd mentioned the unmistakable looks of a Ferrari.
    When I was in Las Vegas, while driving the 355 we rented,
    my youngest Daughter an I went through the entrance to the
    Mirage and this young Middle Eastern kid said to his mother.
    " LOOK, MOM A FADAHDI, A FADAHDI…
    This kid was about 8 to 10 years old!
    No mistaken the LOOK…. AND the sound!

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    It's the universal language... :)

10. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    I just can't respond to this in mixed company :)

11. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    I forgot to mention, his mothers expression was almost
    as appreciative as his… she just smiled wiggled his arm
    as if to say " That's right, you smart little Boy".

12. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    IMHO a Ferrari is an attack on ALL the senses... in a wonderful way. A similarity, using such a limited language, would be analogous to making love (normal car) versus tantric sex (Ferrari). Hope this makes sense :)

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

13. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    It's what it does to others, rather than to me.